Subject: HELMS ALMOST SERENADED BY GAY MEN'S CHORUS
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 10:22:50 -0400

As part of of TV NATION'S 'Love Night' theme, the irreverent television
program assembled a chorus of gay men to travel to the nation's capital to
serenade Sen. Jesse Helms (R-N.C.) outside his Virginia home and Senate
Office. 

The chorus sang "What the World Needs Now (Is Love Sweet Love)" outside
Helms' senate office as staffers peered through the blinds and Capitol police
stood by. The group later performed "On The Street Where You Live" outside
Sen. Helms'  home. (According to a TV Nation produce, the group tired of
singing the other song.) Unfortunately, Sen. Helms' missed the choral
performance. The singers, however, were greeted by Mrs.Helms, who said, "The
songs were very nice, very pretty." Mrs. Helms suggested that the chorus go
to the Senate floor, adding, "Maybe they'd all like to hear you." 

This segment will be broadcast on Friday, August 11 (8-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Because of a football game, in New York City  it will be broadcast in the Big
Apple on Saturday, August 12th at 6pm EST.

Another segment on the show has a chorus line of dancers kick up their heels
to "Stop in the Name of Love" outside the Aryan Nation's Congress inIdaho.