Subject: MMOW board sez it has nuttin' to say
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 14:43:39 EDT

Subj:    Statement from the Millennium March on Washington
Date:   5/11/00 11:24:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time
From:   [email-masked] (Corri Planck)
To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

            Statement from the Millennium March on Washington

Organizers of the Millennium March on Washington for Equality have been
informed that they will likely not receive projected revenue from the
producers of the Millennium Festival.

Millennium March officials contracted with Millennium Productions, a
LLC, to independently produce the Millennium Festival, which took place
on Saturday and Sunday, April 29-30, the weekend of the Millennium
March.

The Festival was to be the March’s largest revenue line item, and was
expected to bring in approximately $750,000, which was estimated to be
65 percent of the total Festival revenues. On Monday, May 1, Millennium
Productions informed members of the Millennium March executive committee
that they suspected Festival revenues were missing.

Immediately following this notification from Millennium Productions, the
executive committee and Executive Director Dianne Hardy-Garcia met and a
decision was made to contact law enforcement. March officials, as well
as Festival organizers, contacted the Federal Bureau of Investigation
(FBI) immediately to promptly begin an investigation into the missing
money.

After consultation with the Millennium March co-chairs Ann DeGroot,
Nicole Murray-Ramirez, Duane Cramer and Donna Red Wing, finance
committee members Margaret Conway and Michael Armentrout, along with
Hardy-Garcia, were directed to meet with the FBI investigators. That
meeting took place on Wednesday, May 3.

Festival organizers officially informed March officials on Thursday, May
4 that they would not be able to make their scheduled payment to the
Millennium March because their suspicions were confirmed that money was,
in fact, missing from the Festival.

March officials are gravely concerned that the loss of this revenue
stream will severely impact the Millennium March’s ability to meet its
budgetary expectations. While March organizers spent less than $2
million to produce the event, some March-related bills are still
currently outstanding.

In order to fully comply and cooperate with the investigation,
Millennium March organizers and officials cannot provide further comment
at this time.
------------------------------

Michael Petrelis
 <A HREF="http://www.aids-statistics.com/">Welcome to AIDS-STATISTICS</A>
www.AIDS-statistics.com 
2215-R Market Street, #413
San Francisco, CA 94114