Subject: Ad Hoc Committee demands MMOW open the books
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 11:13:45 EDT

Ad Hoc Committee for An Open Process
P.O. Box 1114, Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10011
www.foranopenprocess.org

News from the Ad Hoc Committee for an Open Process

For Immediate Release: May 9, 2000

MEDIA CONTACTS:
Leslie Cagan
212-927-8342
[email-masked]

Bill Dobbs
212-966-1091
[email-masked]

AD HOC COMMITTEE DEMANDS FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY FROM MILLENNIUM MARCH --
OPEN THE BOOKS AND RECORDS.

The Ad Hoc Committee calls for immediate financial accountability by
promoters of the Millennium March and related events in Washington, DC April
28-30, 2000.

The complete books, records, contracts, meeting and conference call minutes,
corporate charters, etc. must be made immediately available for inspection.

1. Millennium March on Washington and Rally.

The individual board members and the MMOW corporation must make this
information available to the gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community.
The MMOW Board of Directors:  Co-chairs Duane Cramer, Ann DeGroot, Nicole
Murray-Ramirez, and Donna Red Wing; treasurer Michael Armentrout; and board
members Charles Ching, Margaret Conway, Christopher Daigle, Ingrid Duran,
Dennis Gorg, Jr., Kirsten Kingdon, Rabbi Jane Litman, Butch McKay, David
Medina, Nick Metcalf, Irene Monroe, Deborah Oakley-Melvin, Rev. Troy Perry,
Dana Rivers, and Elizabeth Toledo.  The Millennium March failed to make good
on its promise to open the books and records prior to the march.

2. Millennium Festival.

The promoter, Millennium Productions, L.L.C., and the individuals involved
must make this information available to the GLBT community.  Jose A. Ucles,
executive director; David W. Andrews, director.

3. Equality Rocks concert.

The promoter, the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the individual board
members and the concert producers must make this information available to
the GLBT community.  The HRC Foundation board members are:  Vic Basile,
Edith Dee Cofrin, Vincent Friia, Ellen Malcolm, Hilary Rosen, Andrea
Sharrin.  Concert producers are Elizabeth Birch, Executive Director, The
Human Rights Campaign; Laurette Healey, President, Entertainment Marketing
Associates; Bill Leopold, President, W.F. Leopold Management, Hilary Rosen,
President, Recording Industry Association of America; and Lisa Sanderson,
Partner/Producer, Red Strokes Entertainment; Judy Wieder, Editor in Chief of
The Advocate and Ingrid Casares, CP Ventures.

4. Millennium March Official Gala Dinner at Ronald Reagan Center.

The promoter, Montage Events, (San Diego, CA) and producer Rob Appel must
make this information available to the GLBT community.

Millennium March events were organized and promoted in the name of the GLBT
community.  More important, organizers promised these events would benefit
the GLBT community financially as well as politically.  Many of the media
outlets we might rely on to report about march profits and financial matters
are sponsors of the Millennium March or related events including Planet Out,
The Advocate, Gay.com, Chicago Free Press, Curve, Florida Gazette, Genre,
Girlfriends, HERO, HX Magazine, instinct, MetroSource, On Our Backs, OUT,
WOMO, Next Magazine, Odyssey, Buzz Magazine, Frontiers Newsmagazine, San
Francisco Frontiers, In Los Angeles, Gay & Lesbian Times. Such sponsorships
compromise the ability of those media outlets to provide fair coverage.

Opening the books to immediate public scrutiny is the first step in ensuring
accountability.

Let the sun shine in.

-30-

Michael Petrelis
 <A HREF="http://www.aids-statistics.com/">Welcome to AIDS-STATISTICS</A>
www.AIDS-statistics.com 
2215-R Market Street, #413
San Francisco, CA 94114