Subject: Veteran Activist Ginny Foat Named Associate Producer of MMOW
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 17:35:22 EDT

From the Communications Department of
the Millennium March on Washington for Equality
April 30, 2000 . Washington, DC

For more info, click: <A HREF="http://www.mmow.org/">Official Site of the 
Millennium March on Washington
</A> 

Ginny Foat Named Associate Producer
of Millennium March on Washington for Equality

Washington, DC -- Veteran activist and organizer Ginny Foat has been named 
Associate Producer of the Millennium March on Washington for Equality, 
scheduled for April 30, 2000 in Washington, DC.

Foat served as Executive Director of Caring for Babies With AIDS in Los 
Angeles from 1989 through 1998. Under her guidance, the organization expanded 
services to HIV infected and affected infants and children and their families 
in Southern California and its annual budget grew from $290,000 to $3.1 
million.

Foat is past President of the California National Organization for Women, the 
largest state organization of feminists, both women and men, in the United 
States; served as Founder and Executive Director of Legal Advocates for Women 
in San Francisco; and created a network of women's organizations that 
encompassed shelters, legal advocates and children's services. 

In 1996, she was named co-chair of the Los Angles County Commission on HIV 
Health Services.

As a veteran activist, Foat has appeared on Nightline, Larry King, Oprah, 
Sally Jessie Raphael, and Donahue, and frequently presents testimony to 
federal and state legislators on women's issues, homophobia and racism, 
HIV/AIDS, children's issues and civil rights.

Among her many recognitions and awards, Foat is recipient of the "Alice Paul 
Award" for her national work on behalf of the proposed Equal Rights 
Amendment, "Woman of the Year: A Friend Who Cares" peer award given by 
HIV/AIDS organizations, and "1988 Business Woman of the Year" award by the 
Los Angeles Women in Business.

The Millennium March on Washington for Equality, scheduled for April 30, 
2000, will be the fourth national march on Washington in the history of the 
lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender justice movement. Additional 
information is available at the MMOW Official Website at http://mmow.org.

(END)

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
James Birkitt
MMOW Director of Communications
15842 Chase Street
North Hills, CA  91343

Tel. (818) 891-1748
Fax: (818) 893-1593

E-Mail: [email-masked]

Website: http://www.mmow.org