Subject: FW: NYAC ED Job Posting - Please distribute! (fwd)
From: Mia H H Lam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:05:47 -1000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 05:46:35 -1000
From: Keiko Koizumi <[email-masked]>
To: All Staff <[email-masked]>,
     "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>,
     "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: FW: NYAC ED Job Posting - Please distribute!

pass it along!
kk

-----Original Message-----
From: Melisa Casumbal [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 1999 12:13 PM
Subject: NYAC ED Job Posting - Please distribute!

PLEASE DISTRIBUTE

JOB DESCRIPTION - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

The National Youth Advocacy Coalition is a DC-based non-profit whose
mission is to advocate for and with young people who are lesbian, gay,
bisexual, or transgender in an effort to end discrimination against these
youth and to ensure their physical and emotional well being.  NYAC is
committed to supporting local and national organizing within a multi-issue
social justice framework whereby LGBT youth of all races, ethnicities,
class backgrounds, and gender identities live to their fullest potential.
NYAC seeks a motivated, dynamic, fabulous Executive Director.

RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1)   Lead a diverse, creative and competent staff of 11 FTEs;
2)   Fund raise, maintain, expand and diversify a $900,000+ annual budget;
3)   Articulate the vision of the organization to a wide-range of audiences
and policymakers;
4)   Address LGBT youth issues in the context of multi-issue, social
justice work; and
5)   Work strategically with government agencies, LGBT-specific and
mainstream organizations to advocate on issues affecting LGBT youth.

THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
1)   A minimum of 2-5 years in successful nonprofit management in a
significant leadership position, including successful staff supervision; 
2)   An understanding of, and demonstrated commitment to, the issues faced
by LGBT youth;
3)   An understanding of, and demonstrated commitment to, addressing LGBT
youth issues in the context of multi-issue, social justice work;
4)   A commitment to shaping public policy to benefit LGBT youth;
5)   Proven ability to fundraise from individuals, foundations, government
agencies, and corporations;
6)   Experience in organizational planning; and
7)   Excellent written and verbal communication skills. 

TO APPLY:
People of color and younger leaders strongly encouraged to apply.  NYAC
embraces broad non-discrimination policy, EOE.  Competitive benefits and
salary commensurate with experience.  Job description available: email 
<[email-masked]> or call (202-319-7596, x10). Letter of interest and
resume strongly encouraged by November 1, 1999; must be received by
November 18, 1999. Send to "ED Search Committee"; NYAC; 1638 R Street, NW;
Suite 300; Washington, DC 20009.

************************************
Melisa Casumbal
Bridges Project Director
National Youth Advocacy Coalition
1638 R St., NW  Suite 300
Washington, D. C. 20009
Phone:	202-319-7596 x20
Fax:	202-319-7365
Email:	[email-masked]
Web:	http://www.nyacyouth.org

The National Youth Advocacy Coalition (NYAC) is the only national
organization focused solely on improving the lives of lesbian, gay,
bisexual and transgender (LGBT) youth through advocacy, education, and
information.  NYAC advocates with and for LGBT youth through the
collaboration of a broad spectrum of community-based and national
organizations.  Through this partnership, NYAC seeks to end discrimination
against LGBT youth and to ensure their physical and emotional well-being.

**********

To post, send mail to [email-masked].
To unsubscribe, send mail to [email-masked]; put a line saying
            unsubscribe aplb
in the body.  (This may fail if your address has changed since you signed
up; if so, or for other assistance, contact [email-masked].)