Subject: MMOW To Hold Major Press Conference At National Press Club
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 17:07:00 EDT

Media Advisory

Release Date: Wednesday April 28, 1999

What:
Major Press Conference by the Millennium March on Washington for Equality by
the March's Board of Directors

When:
Friday April 30, 1999

Time:
9 am EDT to 10 am EDT

Where:
National Press Club
529 14th NW
Washington, D.C.
202-662-7500

The countdown has begun for The Millennium March on Washington for Equality
with an April 30, 1999  press conference one year from the day of the event.

The world’s largest gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender online community
will make a major announcement in conjunction with the organizing committee
of the Millennium March on Washington for Equality that will take place in
the year 2000 in Washington, D.C.

http://www.planetout.com

Who should attend?
National press
Political press
Gay and Lesbian Press
Internet/Technology Press
Business Press

TV and Radio welcome.

Tom Rielly, PlanetOut founder and Chairman, and/or Megan J. Smith, PlanetOut
President and CEO, will attend. They will be available for interviews after
the press conference.

For more information, or to RSVP, please contact:
Robin Tyler
Executive Producer
Millennium March on Washington for Equality
818/891-1748
[email-masked]

About PlanetOut
PlanetOut Corporation, founded in 1995, is the number one online community
gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people worldwide. Based in San
Francisco, and with offices around the U.S. and in Canada, PlanetOut offers
news, entertainment, travel, personal finance, directories, chat, message
boards and personals to its audience of 500,000 unique monthly visitors.

(END)

===========================================================

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 11:45:35 EDT
Subject: MMOW Press Conf. At National Press Club (4.30.99)

N E W S   F L A S H

Dateline: Washington, DC  .  April 30, 1999

Millennium March on Washington
Board Unveils Plans At National Press Club

-- Exactly one year to the day of the March.

-- Unveiled 73 state, regional and national endorsing organizations.

-- Received $250,000 cash donation from PlanetOut.

     -- Largest cash gift ever to a GLBT March on Washington. Historic.

-- PlanetOut donated a total of $1 million in cash and in-kind services.

-- Unveiled official MMOW website

     -- Located at http://www.mmow.org

     -- Or use AOL Keyword: MMOW

-- Announced plans to cybercast the Millennium March through PlanetOut. To be
largest-ever GLBT Internet event. Translations will be provided in Spanish,
French, German and Chinese. Other languages may be added. History-making GLBT
event.

-- Unveiled new plans, new entry points for participating in decision-making

-- Unveiled "GLBT Vote 2000" in conjunction with "Rock The Vote"

-- Described plans to make the decision-making for the March's platform the
most democratic in the history of the Marches on Washington.

     -- Internet polling sites allowing broadest grassroots participation

          -- Grassroots GLBT members will determine the March platform

     -- Town meetings across American in summer, fall and winter of '99

     -- Every endorsing organization has voice, vote, decision-making role on
MMOW Leadership Council

-- Introduced MMOW Board of Directors. 60% people of color. 60% women

For interviews, or the MMOW press kit, contact:

Robin Tyler, MMOW Executive Producer at (818) 893-1593

Tom Reilly, Chair of PlanetOut at 415-672-0269

Ann deGroot, Co-chair at (202) 483-0576  (Good for 4.30.99)

Donna Red Wing, Co-chair at (202) 216-1541   (Good for 4.30.99)

Duane Cramer, Co-chair at (202) 216-1541   (Good for 4.30.99)

Nicole Murray-Ramirez, Co-Chair at (202) 462-3358   (Good for 4.30.99)

(END)