Subject: Emmy Award Winner John Scagliotti Joins MMOW Team
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 20:34:32 EDT

From the Communications Department of
the Millennium March on Washington for Equality
April 30, 2000 . Washington, DC

For more info, visit http://mmow.org

Emmy Award Winner John Scagliotti
Named Director of Video Productions For
Millennium March on Washington for Equality

Washington, DC -- Emmy Award winning producer John Scagliotti has been named 
Director of Video Productions for the Millennium March on Washington for 
Equality, the 4th national march for gay civil rights slated for April 30, 
2000.

Scagliotti was executive producer of the documentary film "Before Stonewall," 
which received two Emmy Awards following its national broadcast on PBS in 
1986. His latest film, "After Stonewall: From The Riots To The Millennium," 
premiered on national television on June 23, 1999 and chronicled the 
struggles of the GLBT justice movement over the past three decades.

Scagliotti is also the creator of "In The Life," a television series focusing 
on gay and lesbian news and which continues to air bi-monthly on 120 public 
television stations. As news and public affairs director for WBCN in Boston, 
he received the Major Armstrong Award and journalism awards from United Press 
International.

"We are honored that John Scagliotti will serve as director of video 
productions for the upcoming March on Washington," said Ginny Foat, associate 
producer of the March. "John is the foremost chronicler of events and history 
in the GLBT community and we are pleased that he will oversee video 
production for the 4th national GLBT March on Washington."

The Millennium March on Washington will take place in Washington, DC on April 
30, 2000. Organizers expect hundreds of thousands of gays, lesbians, 
bisexuals, transgendered persons, and our enlightened allies to participate. 
Additional information on the March is available on the Internet at 
http://www.mmow.org or by e-mail at MMOW2000.aol.com.

(END)

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
James Birkitt
MMOW Director of Communications
15842 Chase Street
North Hills, CA  91343

Tel (818) 891-1748
Fax (818) 893-1593

E-Mail: [email-masked]

Website: http://www.mmow.org