Subject: MMOW Sponsorship Is Largest In Advocate's History
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:13:00 EDT

From the Communications Department of
the Millennium March on Washington for Equality
April 30, 2000 . Washington, DC

Advocate Magazine Signs On As Major
Supporting Sponsor of Millennium March on Washington
$425,000 Sponsorship Is Largest In Advocate History

Washington, DC -- The Millennium March on Washington for Equality took 
another significant step forward this week as The Advocate magazine signed on 
as a Supporting Sponsor of the March.

"For more than 30 years, The Advocate has been a leading voice for the gay, 
lesbian, bisexual and transgendered communities and we are honored to welcome 
them as supporting sponsors of the Millennium March," said Robin Tyler, 
executive producer of the event. The Advocate reaches 200,000 readers per 
issue and is read by more gay men and lesbians than any other national 
magazine.

The $425,000 unprecedented in-kind sponsorship includes full-page, full-color 
ads in 20 issues of the The Advocate and the printing of 300,000 copies of 
the 48-page official march commemorative program. 

"We are so pleased that the leading national GLBT news and political magazine 
has chosen to demonstrate their support for the Millennium March in such a 
generous way," said Tyler. "This is the largest sponsorship deal in the 
history of The Advocate, and is a wonderful gift to all of our communities."

The Millennium March on Washington for Equality will take place in 
Washington, DC on April 30, 2000. Organizers expect hundreds of thousands of 
gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgendered persons, and our friends, 
allies, and families, to participate in this fourth GLBT national march. 
Additional information on the Millennium March is available on the Internet 
at http://www.mmow.org or by e-mail at MMOW2000.aol.com.

 (END)

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
James N. Birkitt, Jr.
MMOW Director of Communications
15842 Chase Street
North Hills, CA  91343

Tel. (818) 891-1748
Fax: (818) 893-1593

E-Mail: [email-masked]

Website: http://www.mmow.org