Subject: F.Y.I.
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 21:26:18 EDT

To Whom It May Concern,
Please take the time to visit the following website:
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/2047
A National March on Congress is being organized for Wed. January 6, 1999.
Congress will be re-convening at noon on that day.  The March is being
organized by a grassroots team, headed by myself, within the gay community
(but NOT limited to the gay community, as many straight organizations have
stated that they will attend as well).  The March will be held in support of
the immediate passing of the Hate Crimes Prevention Act which was "killed" by
Senator's Lott and Gingerich in this week's last few day's of the 105th
Congress.  Attendees will be asked to congregate outside the House of
Representatives and the Senate on that day, to voice their opinions.  Also,
they will be urged to visit the offices of their Congressmen to demand the
passing of this necessary legislation.  Some have said that this will be the
1,000,000 queers march on Washington.  That is all we can hope for.  But this
will be, I can assure you, like no demonstration before (within the gay
community)...because we WILL have immediate political action as a result of
our efforts.  It's time for us to stand as one community (gay and straight)
and declare to our government that we will NOT forget the life and death of
Matthew Shepard and the thousands of others that have been subjected to hate
crimes...nor will we continue to be silent.  
Thank you for your time.  Please feel free to contact me at [email-masked]
with any further questions regarding our efforts.

Jennifer DeWalt
York, PA