Subject: Fwd: MP asks for CWA's IRS form 990; CWA replies
From: M Petrelis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 19:19:18 EDT

[dear friends,
here is a copy of my original letter to this group, along with a copy of their
reply.
--mp]

February 21, 1998

Executive Director
(& Financial Director)
Concerned Women for America
370 L'Enfant Promenade, SW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20024

RE:  Your agency's I.R.S. 990 forms

Dear Sir or Madam,
	I am conducting a research project that involves studying local and national 
advocacy oriented groups and their Internal Revenue Service 990 forms.  I
write to ask for your group's three (3) most recent IRS 990's.  Also, I am
requesting your last three (3)independent auditor's reports, along with your
last three (3) year's worth of annual reports.
	If you have any questions about my requests, please don't hesitate to contact
me. I thank you in advance for your prompt attention to my requests.

Sincerely,
Michael Petrelis

--------------------------------------------REPLY-----------------------------
--------
March 23, 1998

Dear Mr. Petrelis:

Thank  you for your recent inquiry concerning CWA (Concerned Women for
America) staff salaries.  Per instructions from our Board of Directors I am
not permitted to reveal specific salaries of our employees.  However, I  can
tell you that the range of salaries for our employees is from $20,000 to
$85,000.  None of our 
employees, including Mrs. [Beverly] LaHaye, receives a housing allowance or a
car allowance.  No one has an expense account, although all business related
travel expenses are covered by CWA.  If you desire to view CWA's form 990, you
may visit our office during regular business hours.

CWA is a member of the Evangelical council for Financial Accountability
(ECFA).  For more information regarding our relationship with ECFA, they may
be contacted at PO Box 17456, Washington, DC 20041-0456; or by calling
703-713-1414.

Enclosed, please find copies of our last four audited financial reports.
Thank you for your continued support of Concerned Women for America.

Sincerely,
Susie Barlow
Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer

[two points: 1) i live in s.f. so how can i just stop by during regular
business hours to view the 990?  2) i never offered any support of c.w.a. and
its agenda. --mp]