Subject: election Day volunteers needed
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 15:26:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Tuesday, July 22 DC will hold a special election for Council
Chair--Initiative 57 needs signature gatherers to assemble outside the 140
polling places-most special at-large elections have a voter turnout of about
25%--this one could be as low as 15%--but that means that about 45,000 of
DC's most loyal residents/voters will be casting ballots---we need 16,700 of
those voters

We need to staff all 140 polling places with volunteers call Steve Michael at
202.547.9404 to get a polling place assigned.

the night before the election we will be holding a
Volunteer Training 
Meeting/Rally for Initiative 57
7:30 PM
Imani Temple on Capitol Hill
Cathederal of the African American
Catholic Congregation
609 Maryland Avenue, NE

I will be publishing a list of the various polling places in the next couple
of day

please circulate this widely---

Note to those of you outside the DC area---
I am working on seperating my various lists so that local DC items don't get
sent to those of you outside DC---of course--please do not  forget that
Washington DC is controlled in many ways by the people that you elect to
congress---