Subject: DC Medical Marijuana Signature training Slated
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 12:50:52 -0400 (EDT)

The AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power
ACT UP Washington DC  * 409 H Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
202.547.9404  * fax 202.547.0841 * email [email-masked]

ATTENTION:  Friends
FROM:  Wayne Turner

Volunteer Training for the Medical Marijuana Ballot Initiative #57
Volunteers are needed to help gather signatures for DC's medical marijuana
ballot initiative 57.  A training/orientation will be held at Luna Books at
1633 P Street NW at 7:30 PM on Wednesday, July 2.  Call Wayne Turner at ACT
UP Washington (202) 547.9404.  Help protect people with AIDS, cancer, and
others with serious illnesses, and their physicians/caregivers from marijuana
prosecution.  

 You must be a DC voter to witness the signature, however, we're working in
teams of two or more, so anyone can help.  The response so far has been
overwhelmingly supportive.  

 We're also gearing up for major effort on July 22, when DC is holding a
District-wide Special Election for Council Chair.  We need as many people as
possible to gather signatures at polling places, where everyone is DC voter,
so try to set aside a few hours (mornings and evenings especially) or the
whole day.  We also need anyone with a vehicle to support our volunteers with
food and water.  Contact Steve, who is coordinating the Special Election
mobilization.

 Also, many thanks to those who've been out there pounding the pavement
gathering signatures.  We're making it happen!

 Contributions are always welcome for production of signs, buttons, fliers,
and T-shirts.  Make checks payable to "Citizens Protecting Medical Patients
and Providers from Marijuana Prosecution."