Subject: Yale Keynote
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 09:28:22 -0500

******************** MEDIA RELEASE************************

Keynote address at opening of Yale University's Gay Pride Week
Sunday, April 2, 1995
1:00 PM Cross Square (outdoors) at Yale University
New Haven, CT
Contact: K Robbins @ (804) 887-5407

_________________________________

Don Davis, the newest member of the Board of Directors of the National Gay
and Lesbian Task Force and one of the only Board members who has lived and
worked exclusively in rural America, will be presenting the keynote address
at Yale's Gay Pride Celebration on Sunday, April 2, 1995 in New Haven, CT.

In his address, Don will call for a reassessment of our community's true
goals and true enemies in the ongoing battle to secure equal rights for gay,
lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered people. He will bring an indictment
against those urban queers who have abandoned the far larger constituency of
rural and suburban queers for lives of comfort and supposed safety in the gay
ghettos. He will call for an end to the Uncle Tom'ing that is a rampant toxin
withing certain sectors of our community. Don will speak about the shift that
has brought rural queers out of the stagnant shadow of our city-living
brothers and sisters. He will call for a recognition that it is on the
streets of Everytown, USA, and not only in the ghettos of San Francisco, New
York, and Los Angeles that our community is making its most important
strides.

Don has been self-identified as "queer" since he came out at the age of 20
and was disowned by his "religious" family. His keynote message will call for
an end to in-fighting amongst the ranks of queer America and a recognition
that not only is our fundamental struggle not over, it's only just picking up
speed.

-----------------------------------------
On-line interviews may be arranged by contacting Don Davis directly at
[email-masked]

Release: Monday, March 27, 1995