Subject: Will Perkins continue's CFV's Cook endorsement
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 12:44:41 -0500

***NEWS RELEASE***
						Rick Cendo
						GLAIL
						[email-masked]
			        	 http://www.qrd.org/qrd/orgs/GLAIL

CFV'S WILL PERKINS  CONTINUES TO ENDORSE CHILD MOLESTER 
DESPITE: 
-- Proven, ADMITTED, 7-year history of molestation
--Oct. 27 Denver Post article detailing CURRENT molestation
-- Tape-recorded phone sex

Would Perkins send his own grandson to Colin Cook?????????????

Denver, November 7, 1995 --  In the wake of Kevin Tebedo's sudden sacking by
Colorado For Family Values yesterday, CFV chairman Will Perkins has refused
to concede that the Colin Cook scandal played any part in the Tebedo
dismissal.   

Instead, Perkins continues CFV's endorsement of the admitted child molester
Colin Cook as a counselor to sexually troubled youth and suggested that, if
Cook has done anything wrong, then he should investigate himself and report
any problems to CFV. 

In the Rocky Mountain News on Monday (Nov. 6, 1995, page 18A), Perkins was
quoted
as saying, "I'm sure he'll [Cook] follow up on the rumors himself.  If the
facts come out
that his actions were inappropriate, we'll take the necessary action."

"CFV has endorsed, promoted and advertised Colin Cook as a wonderful
counselor to
sexually troubled youth, despite full knowledge that documented, undisputed
proof exists that from 1979 to 1986 Cook sexually molested numerous young men
and boys who had come to him as clients," said Rick Cendo, Colorado president
of Gays and Lesbians Against Immoral Lifestyles. 

"Now The Denver Post's highly respected religion editor reports on Oct. 27
that she has
personally heard tape recordings of Colin Cook having phone sex with a client
within the
last year," Cendo said.   

"Any organization in CFV's situation that gives a damn about children or
family values
would launch an immediate investigation," Cendo said.  "But what has Will
Perkins done?  Nine days after the report, he suggests in the Rocky Mountain
News that a proven child molester should himself look into the documented
proof that he's still molesting clients and that if this proven child
molester finds any validity to the charges that he has continued to molest,
then he should let CFV know about it.  Then maybe Will Perkins do something,
like withdraw CFV's active endorsement of the guy." 

"If Will Perkins' own grandson was being 'counseled' by Colin Cook, would
Perkins
simply ask Cook to investigate himself and, if he finds anything wrong with
his own
actions, to let Perkins know?  I seriously doubt it," Cendo said. 

"Given that Cook is a creature of CFV, having been endorsed, promoted and
advertised by CFV and the ousted Kevin Tebedo, Will Perkins owes nothing less
than a full
investigation of Colin Cook," Cendo said.  

--30--