Subject: Fwd: GLAIL asks CFV to drop molester
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 12:05:49 -0400

Contact:  Richard Cendo
							GLAIL
                            [email-masked]

    COLORADO FOR FAMILY VALUES ASKED TO STOP PROMOTING
        CHILD MOLESTER IN "FAMILY VALUES" SEMINARS

Gays and Lesbians Against Immoral Lifestyles instructs CFV
              to make immediate reparations

    Denver, CO, May 2, 1995 --  With Colorado For Family Values planning 
tonight to again promote a child molester as a sexual conselor to sexually 
troubled youth -- this time in Littleton at the Mission Hills Church -- Gays 
and Lesbians Against Immoral Lifestyles today sent the following letter to CFV 
executive director Kevin Tebedo:

Gays and Lesbians Against Immoral Lifestyles
Box 7327
Boulder, CO 80304

May 2, 1995

VIA FACSIMILE
Kevin Tebedo
Executive Director
Colorado For Family Values

Dear Kevin:

It has come to our attention that you are promoting a known child molester, 
Rev. Colin Cook, as a counselor to sexually confused youth in your "Time to 
Stand" seminars across the state.

In a CFV advertisement in the 4/24/95 issue of the Rocky Mountain News, you 
describe Cook as someone "who once lived the homosexual lifestyle and now 
helps others escape it through his ministry, FaithQuest."

As you surely must know, Kevin, Rev. Cook's first "ex-gay" ministry was 
abolished by the Seventh-day Adventists when they discovered that Cook uses 
his position of power as a "minister" to coerce sexually troubled young men 
into having sex with him.  The Lawson Report for the Seventh-day Adventists 
discovered repeated instances in which Cook tried to coerce young men  -- 
including a 16-year-old boy -- into such activities as allowing Cook fondle 
their penises, allowing Cook to give them "full-body naked massages," 
routinely letting Cook hug them for long periods of time during which Cook 
would rub his erect penis against them, sleeping in the same bed as Cook, and 
agreeing to strip naked during "therapy sessions" with Cook.  And these 
documented instances are very likely only fraction of Cook's orgy of sexual 
abuse of young men -- men who were tragically convinced to entrust themselves 
to this monster in minister's clothing.

Nevertheless, Kevin, you are in the process of promoting Colin Cook in "family 
values" meetings across Colorado as a person whom parents should entrust with 
their sexually troubled or confused children.  Kevin, this has to stop, and it 
has to stop NOW!  If you continue your promotion of Cook, and Cook continues 
his well established pattern of behavior in molesting innocent children, then 
you are just as guilty of child molestation as your so-called minister is when 
he grabs children's penises, makes them strip, or rubs his penis against them.

I would very much appreciate an immediate letter to me, Kevin, in which you 
promise, in writing, to cease your activities with Cook, to publicly issue a 
statement of apology for promoting Cook, and to contact each family that 
attended your already-completed sessions in Grand Junction and Colorado 
Springs.  You must apologize to these families and tell them they should not 
regard Cook as someone to whom they can entrust their children or to whom they 
should refer other parents or children seeking help.

Sincerely,

Richard Cendo
Colorado President
Gays and Lesbians Against Immoral Lifestyles