Subject: CFV appears to have fired Kevin Tebedo
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 1995 14:50:59 -0500

***PRESS RELEASE*** 

				Rick Cendo
				GLAIL
				[email-masked] 

CFV APPEARS TO HAVE FIRED KEVIN TEBEDO

--CFV press conference Monday morning--

--Tebedo's promotion of child molester, ties to militia/patriot groups 
apparently an embarrassment--

--CFV must do more to make amends on Cook scandal, gay community
demands-- 

Denver, November 4, 1995 -- Because of his promotion of a child molester as
a sexual counselor to youth and his association with militia/patriot groups,
Kevin Tebedo has apparently been ousted as leader and executive director
of Colorado For Family Values. 

CFV has announced a press conference Monday morning in Colorado
Springs to disclose "important personnel changes."   CFV announced its
press conference today, one day after Gay and Lesbians against
Immoral Lifestyles, Colorado chapter,  issued a press release accusing
CFV of being "dishonest and immoral" in its silence about the Colin Cook
scandal. 

While there is no way to confirm that Tebedo has indeed been fired as
CFV's leader and executive director,  there are several important indicators
that this has happened and is what will be announced Monday.  First, the
CFV press release on the press conference did not list Tebedo as a contact,
as all CFV press releases have in the past.  Second, Tebedo was apparently
not in the CFV offices all last week.  Third, Tebedo's sudden disappearance
immediately followed the publication on Friday, October 27, of a front-
page Denver Post article detailing Tebedo's promotion, endorsement and
defense of Rev. Colin Cook and Cook's shocking history of sexual
molestations of young men and children.   

"Although CFV will probably make it sound as though Kevin is leaving on
his own accord or being kicked upstairs, this will just be the lying and
media manipulation that CFV routinely engages in," said Rick Cendo,
Colorado president of Gays and Lesbians Against Immoral Lifestyles.  

"Most importantly, however, press conferences and scape goating are not
enough," Cendo said. As gay organizations from across the state, including
Equality Colorado and Ground Zero,  have demanded for the last nine
days, CFV must make amends for its promotion, defense and endorsement
of Cook by: 

1.   Contacting each family CFV has a record of attending its "Time to
Stand" seminars and explaining to them that CFV was tragically wrong in
promoting Colin Cook and that they should no longer view Cook as a
trustworthy counselor to sexually troubled youth.  

2.   Running advertisements warning about Colin Cook and acknowledging
CFV's mistake in every newspaper in which it ran advertisements this
summer describing Cook as someone "who once lived the homosexual
lifestyle and now helps others escape it
through his ministry, FaithQuest."

3.   Sending a letter explaining CFV's actions and mistake to everyone on
CFV's mailing list.  The letter should also ask CFV members to contact
anyone that they know to have attended a CFV "Time To Stand" seminar
and to alert these contacts that CFV was wrong to promote Cook the way
that it did. 

--30--