Subject: ACTION ALERT: Colorado
From: James Yorton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 19:51:58 -0600 (CST)

[ submitted by <[email-masked]> ]

Colorado's HB 1291 passed the Senate yesterday 20-14.  The bill prohibits
same-gender marriage.  Colorado experts expect that the bill would go to the
Governer for his signature as early as Monday.

Call Governer Romer and urge him to veto HB 1291.  Ask him not to give in to
hatred and bigotry.   This bill is discrimination, plain and simple.  Tell
him it's  divisive, mean-spirited and a blatant attack on the basic rights of
GLB citizens of Colorado and their families 

Governer Romer can be reached at (303) 866-2471.  Letters can be faxed to him
at (303) 866-2003 or sent to him at 136 State Capitol; Denver, CO; 80203

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                             *
_____________________________________________________________________________