FROM:   BOYCOTT COLORADO, INC.
TO:     THE WORLD
December 2, 1992

The following was fax'd to us by the West Hollywood City Council.  It
has been proposed for a vote at the League of Cities meeting this week.
As soon as we receive word as to whether it passed, you'll be among the
first to know.

RESOLUTION OF THE NATIONAL LEAGUE OF CITIES CONDEMNING DISCRIMINATORY
INITIATIVES AGAINST LESBIANS AND GAYS
 
        WHEREAS, voters in the State of Colorado recently approved
Measure 2 which affectively sanctions discrimination against gays and
lesbians and repeals three local ordinances prohibiting such
discrimination; and
 
        WHEREAS, Measure 2 and other similar initiatives encourage
discrimination, prejudice, and violence against members of the lesbian
and gay community,
 
        THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the National League of Cities
condemns the decision of the voters of Colorado to deny equal rights to
gay and lesbian people; and,
 
        BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the National League of Cities
supports an economic boycott of Colorado, and other areas whose voters
single out the gay and lesbian community for discrimination or prevent
efforts to end such discrimination; and,
 
        BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that members of the National League of
Cities commit to bringing this message of this resolution to their
respective communities, political and professional associations, and
other organizations.
 
Submitted by:
 
John Heilman, Councilmember, West Hollywood, CA
Sherry Harris, Councilmember, Seattle WA
Tim Mains, Councilmember, Rochester, NY
Robert Gentry, Mayor, Laguna Beach, CA
Keith St. John, Alderman, Albany, NY
Steve Camara, Councillor, Fall River, MA
Tom Duane, Councilmember, New York, NY
Joe Herzenberg, Councilmember, Chapel Hill, NC
David Scondras, Councillor, Boston, MA