From: [email-masked]

Press Release - Boycott Colorado

Contacts:                                    For Immediate Release
Robert Briggs-Daniels                        8:00 a.m.
399-6015
Terry Schleder                               November 19, 1992
377-0160

                               PRESS RELEASE

BOYCOTT COLORADO has been created as a direct response to the passage of
Amendment 2 to the Colorado State Constitution.

The passage of Amendment 2 to the Constitution of the State of Colorado
has made second class citizens of the gay, lesbian and bisexual persons
in this state.  This class of citizens is deprived of equal protection
under the law and of the judicial and legislative means to correct the
injustice and address the discrimination made legal in the state.

Persons who are made powerless before the law are justified to utilize
whatever peaceful means are available to them to respond to the
injustice adn to express their outrage and resolution to see the
injustice corrected.

In calling for a boycott of the State of Colorado, we are using the
power of our dollars to express our outrage and concern and to deny the
State of Colorado tax dollars to enforce this Amendment and to forestall
the perpetration of this evil on other citizens of this nation in the
name of presumptuous and misguided "morality".

We are calling upon all the citizens of the United States and of the
world to boycott Colorado as a destination for business or recreational
purposes and to boycott all products originating in the State of
Colorado.

We call for the citizens of Colorado to selectively boycott businesses
and organizations which practice discrimination and are not hate-free in
their hiring and promotional policies.

We realize fully that this call for a boycott will have an impact not
only on those who support bigotry, prejudice and discrimination, but
also on those who oppose it.  We hope that our friends will understand
that we are in a major civil rights crisis which jeopardizes not only
the rights of gay, lesbian and bisexual citizens, but the civil rights
of all the citizens of this nation.  We join with them in the spirit of
shared sacrifice in the hope that this crisis can be soon resolved and
we can move forward to reconciliation and the creation of a beloved
community.

Using the courage and resolve of Rose Parks and the brave citizens of
Montgomery, Alabama as our models, we resolve that, so long as the
lesbian, gay and bisexual citizens of Colorado are relegated to the back
of the bus and are denied equal protection in this state, we refuse to
ride the bus!

                             BOYCOTT COLORADO
                            P. O. Box 300158
                       Denver, Colorado  80203-0158