Subject: Did Ryan White pay for Eileen Hansen's trip to Durban?
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 00:14:50 EDT

August 16, 2000

Joseph F. O'Neill, MD, MPH
Administrator, HIV/AIDS Bureau
Health Resources and Services Administration
US Department of Health and Human Services
Rockville, MD 2085

[Email: [email-masked]]

RE: Ryan White CARE Act funds and Eileen Hansen's trip to Durban

Dear Dr. O'Neill:

As you can read in the appended from Eileen Hansen's web site for her 
campaign for the San Francisco board of supervisors, Hansen traveled to the 
13th International AIDS Conference to deliver what amounts to a campaign 
speech. 

Even though Hansen claims she was invited to the conference by the host 
organizers, I wonder if any of the $200,952 in Ryan White CARE Act grant to 
Hansen's group, the AIDS Legal Referral Panel of San Francisco, was used for 
her stump speech on the other side of the world.

Please investigate if a firewall divides Hansen's work at the AIDS Legal 
Referral Panel and her political ambitions. If such a firewall exists, then I 
would appreciate seeing the evidence proving Hansen has not used Ryan White 
CARE Act funds for her travels abroad.

I ask for a prompt response.

Sincerely,
Michael Petrelis
www.AIDS-Statistics.com
Ph: 415-621-6267
2215-R Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94114

    *   *   *
Web link: <A HREF="http://www.eileenhansensf8.com/">Eileen Hansen for 
District 8 Supervisor</A> 
http://www.eileenhansensf8.com/release_7-4-2000.html

July 4, 2000

Hansen to Make Presentation at XIII International AIDS Conference

District Eight San Francisco Supervisor candidate, Eileen Hansen, will be 
leaving on Tuesday, July 4, 2000, to make a presentation at the 13th 
International AIDS Conference in Durban, South Africa. Hansen, who has worked 
in AIDS public policy for fourteen years, was invited by the Organizing 
Committee of the Conference.

[Deleted article.  [email-masked]]

=======================

Michael Petrelis
 <A HREF="http://www.aids-statistics.com/">Welcome to AIDS-STATISTICS</A>
www.AIDS-statistics.com 
2215-R Market Street, #413
San Francisco, CA 94114