Subject: LGNY: Questions raised about SF HIV numbers
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:16:56 EDT

Web link:  <A 
HREF="http://www.lgny.com/issue_138/pages_138/news_sanfran_hiv_138.html">LGNYo
nline News: Report on Rising HIV Infections in San Francisco Sparks Contro</A>

http://www.lgny.com/issue_138/pages_138/news_sanfran_hiv_138.html

Pull quote:
"The health department is certainly looking at the trend,” said Eileen 
Shields, the health department public information officer. “It appears to be 
a trend rise. We are working with the community in coming up with numbers 
that everyone can stand behind.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Report on Rising HIV Infections in San Francisco Sparks Controversy
By Duncan Osborne
LGNY
July 31, 2000
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

Data from the San Francisco Department of Public Health showing an increase 
in new HIV infections among men who have sex with men has made the department 
the target of protests that are reminiscent of the early days of the AIDS 
Coalition to Unleash Power. 

[Deleted article.  [email-masked]]

 ==================

Michael Petrelis
 <A HREF="http://www.aids-statistics.com/">Welcome to AIDS-STATISTICS</A>
www.AIDS-statistics.com 
2215-R Market Street, #413
San Francisco, CA 94114