Subject: Seattle Post: Cut gay AIDS funding?
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:57:41 EDT

Web link: <A HREF="http://seattlep-i.nwsource.com/opinion/savgop.shtml">Click 
here: Send AIDS money to Africa</A> 

http://seattlep-i.nwsource.com/opinion/savgop.shtml

Send AIDS money to Africa; 
One Seattle-area gay group's funding is increasingly hard to justify 

Friday, July 28, 2000
Seattle Post Intelligencer

By DAN SAVAGE
GUEST COLUMNIST 

The news that came out of the 13th Annual International AIDS Conference, 
which wrapped up earlier this month in Durban, South Africa, couldn't have 
been worse:

Twenty-five million Africans are infected with HIV. Without access to 
expensive life-saving drugs, most of these infected Africans will die within 
the next five to eight years. By 2003, the populations of Botswana, South 
Africa and Zimbabwe will begin to fall as a result of AIDS deaths.

[Deleted article.  [email-masked]]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Dan Savage is the associate editor of The Stranger and a co-founder of Gay 
City Health Project. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

=====================

Michael Petrelis
 <A HREF="http://www.aids-statistics.com/">Welcome to AIDS-STATISTICS</A>
www.AIDS-statistics.com 
2215-R Market Street, #413
San Francisco, CA 94114