Subject: AIDS quotes in today's SF Chronicle questioned by Marc Salomon
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:38:51 EDT

Forwarded with kind permission granted from Marc Salomon, candidate for 
District Six seat for the SF board of supervisors.
--mp

-----Original Message-----
From: marc salomon [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 9:37 AM
To: [email-masked] [San Francisco Chronicel Washington Bureau]
Subject: balance?

Dear Carolyn Lochhead:

And you were unable to find one person in San Francisco who had an
opposing viewpoint to that of Pelosi and the SFAF?

for shame!

-marc

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:50:26 -0400
From: Carolyn Lochhead <[email-masked]>
To: 'marc salomon' <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: balance?

yeah i did and had to take them all out for space reasons. I thought Coburn
did a very good job of explaining his side.

   *    *    *    *

Web link: <A 
HREF="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/0
7/26/MN36688.DTL">Click here: S.F. Faces Big Cut In Federal AIDS Funds/House 
to vote today on reallocation plan</A> 

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/07/26/M
N36688.DTL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
 
S.F. Faces Big Cut In Federal AIDS Funds
House to vote today on reallocation plan

Carolyn Lochhead, Chronicle Washington Bureau    Wednesday, July 26, 2000 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

Washington -- The House is poised today to slash San Francisco's share of 
funds under a big federal AIDS program that sent $35.2 million to the city 
this year. 

The city could lose as much as 25 percent of its AIDS prevention and care 
funding in five years under the Ryan White Care Act, which the House of 
Representatives is expected to renew today by a near unanimous vote. The bill 
contains a change in the funding formula that determines where AIDS money 
goes. 

[Deleted article.  [email-masked]]

E-mail Carolyn Lochhead at [email-masked] 
======================== 

Michael Petrelis
 <A HREF="http://www.aids-statistics.com/">Welcome to AIDS-STATISTICS</A>
www.AIDS-statistics.com 
2215-R Market Street, #413
San Francisco, CA 94114