Subject: Wash Blade: CDC admits flaws in gay AIDS study
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:39:07 EDT

Web link: <A HREF="http://www.washblade.com/">Click here: The Washington 
Blade ONLINE!</A> 
http://www.washblade.com/

Pull quote: "CDC, however, identified the potential flaws of its study this 
time: Its sample was not entirely representative of the young Gay male 
population."

Washington Blade
July 21, 2000

Broken record; 
History repeats as Africa’s challenge echoes that of U.S. Gays in the ’80s 
by Lisa Keen

DURBAN, South Africa, July 15 
[snip]

U.S. Gay men: Will history repeat?

To some extent, the reports that Gay men in the United States — particularly 
young Gay men — are increasingly engaging in unprotected anal intercourse 
beckons scrutiny, particularly when it comes from the U.S. Centers for 
Disease Control and Prevention. It is funding season in Washington, D.C., and 
agencies that have the squeakiest agendas often get the most grease. Also, 
just last February, the CDC was a partner in a study that purported to show 
that oral sex was of much greater risk for HIV infection than previously 
thought. Upon more careful scrutiny, however, the study seemed to indicate 
nothing of the sort. Thus, the CDC reports this week concerning an increase 
in unsafe sex arrived with that background.

[Deleted article.  [email-masked]]

[snip]
=========================

Michael Petrelis
 <A HREF="http://www.aids-statistics.com/">Welcome to AIDS-STATISTICS</A>
www.AIDS-statistics.com 
2215-R Market Street, #413
San Francisco, CA 94114