Subject: Kaiser Web Site: SF HIV numbers questioned
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:23:52 EDT

Web link: <A HREF="http://report.kff.org/aidshiv/">Click here: Kaiser Daily 
Health Reports: HIV/AIDS</A> 

http://report.kff.org/aidshiv/
[snip]

Kaiser Family Foundation Web Site
Kaiser Daily HIV/AIDS Report
July 21, 2000

ACROSS THE NATION  

Number 4  
SAN FRANCISCO: Controversial Health Department Report Shows Possible Increase 
in HIV Among Gay Men 
 
      Sparked by recent San Francisco Public Health Department statistics 
leaked to the news media, a June 30 San Francisco Chronicle headline warned, 
"S.F. HIV Rate Surges; alarming incidence of new infections raises fears of 
scourge to come," Bay Windows reports. The health department study, using a 
new HIV test, found a possible increase in infections among gay men, a 
revelation that has incited heated responses from AIDS activists and the 
health community. 

[Deleted article.  [email-masked]]

===============================================

Michael Petrelis
 <A HREF="http://www.aids-statistics.com/">Welcome to AIDS-STATISTICS</A>
www.AIDS-statistics.com 
2215-R Market Street, #413
San Francisco, CA 94114