Subject: Advocate and Kirk Read weigh in on CDC barebacker outings
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 01:03:41 EDT

Web link: <A 
HREF="http://www.advocate.com/html/news/071900/071900health01.html">Daily 
Healthwatch 07/19/00... Advocate.com</A>  
http://www.advocate.com/html/news/071900/071900health01.html

Wednesday, July 19, 2000
The Advocate
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

Activists allege AIDS workers are barebackers 

Activists in San Francisco are alleging that two AIDS prevention workers 
advertise to engage in condomless anal sex, more popularly known as" 
barebacking." Members of Queer Nation San Francisco say that a member of the 
San Francisco HIV Prevention and Planning Council advertises as a barebacker 

[Deleted article.  [email-masked]]

    *    *     *

    Reprint rights:  [email-masked]

No shortage of AIDS drama in San Francisco
by Kirk Read

    Activists are squabbling over whether AIDS is over, but no one can argue 
that there is any shortage of AIDS drama these days. The national media has 
suddenly realized, after all these years, that there is indeed an AIDS 
epidemic in Africa, and, by golly, maybe it ought to be covered. This has 
everything to do with a series of badly documented media song and dance 
routines, including Al Gore’s waltz with the pharmaceutical companies, the 
South African president’s tango with alternative HIV theories, and the San 
Francisco Department of Public Health’s “Crisis cha-cha,” replete with 
Ginger Rogers-style backstepping. You people make me feel like dancing.

[Deleted article.  [email-masked]]

Kirk Read lives in San Francisco and can be reached at [email-masked] and 
www.temenos.net/kirkread
============================

Michael Petrelis
 <A HREF="http://www.aids-statistics.com/">Welcome to AIDS-STATISTICS</A>
www.AIDS-statistics.com 
2215-R Market Street, #413
San Francisco, CA 94114