Subject: SF Chronicle: Too much AIDS money goes to bureaucrats
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:28:00 EDT

Web link: <A 
HREF="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/0
7/17/MN38757.DTL">Too Much AIDS Money Goes To Bureaucrats, Critics Say</A> 

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article-list.cgi?key=MN&directory=/chronicle/arc
hive/2000/07/17

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- 
Too Much AIDS Money Goes To Bureaucrats, Critics Say

by Christopher Heredia, San Francisco Chronicle Staff Writer    
Monday, July 17, 2000 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
 
CONCORD -- As AIDS health-care providers and other community members meet in 
Oakland in the coming weeks to discuss how to distribute federal money for 
people living with the disease, there is growing criticism that too much of 
the money is going to feed a bloated bureaucracy. 

The Ryan White Care Act, authorized by Congress in 1990, brought $6.7 million 
to Contra Costa and Alameda counties last year, and this year officials are 
expecting a similar amount. 

[Deleted article.  [email-masked]]

The Ryan White Health Services Planning Council will meet August 23 to decide 
the allocations for Contra Costa and Alameda counties. For information, call 
(510) 873-6500. 

NOTE: E-mail Christopher Heredia at [email-masked]. 
 -------------------

Bay Area News Notes
SF Chronicle

14th AIDS Walk Raises a Record $3.8 Million

Monday, July 17, 2000 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
 More than 25,000 people helped raise a record $3.8 million during 
yesterday's annual AIDS Walk San Francisco, organizers said. 

[Deleted article.  [email-masked]]

==================

Michael Petrelis
 <A HREF="http://www.aids-statistics.com/">Welcome to AIDS-STATISTICS</A>
www.AIDS-statistics.com 
2215-R Market Street, #413
San Francisco, CA 94114