Subject: National Condom Week Kickoff
From: "Media Relations Officer, Aggressive AIDS Prevention, Inc." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 19:48:42 -0800

NATIONAL CONDOM WEEK KICKOFF - 

Aggressive AIDS Prevention, Inc. Launches "Cause & Effect" Banner Ad 
Campaign

San Francisco, CA - 9 February, 2000 - Aggressive AIDS Prevention has 
developed a series of public service web banner ads for National Condom 
Week illustrating the cause and effect relationship of non-consistent 
condom use. The ads' challenging messages address the issues that 
HIV/AIDS is still a preventable terminal disease, that transmitting 
HIV/AIDS is a felony crime, and that we all pay the collective price for 
new infections.

National Condom Week officially begins on February 14th, Valentines Day, 
a day when discussions of intimacy and relationships may provide a 
format for addressing safe sex practices and condom use.

Website owners are invited to become media partners with Aggressive AIDS 
Prevention, Inc. by running the PSA banners on their own sites. The ad 
banners can be picked up at the organization's website at 
www.aggressive.org .

"In the heat of the moment many people fail to think through the full 
equation of sex and risk. HIV/AIDS is no longer a private decision 
affecting just the couple having sex. It impacts families, communities, 
and creates a cycle of suffering that can be prevented with a condom for 
less than $1", says Devin Kordt, President of Aggressive AIDS 
Prevention, Inc.

Dr. John E. Anderson of the Centers for Disease Control reports that 
nearly 80 percent of those at high-risk for HIV infection do not use 
condoms with their regular sex partner.

The Female Condom and male latex and polyurethane condoms are still the 
only methods to prevent the sexual transmission of HIV/AIDS among 
sexually active people. 

With the recent 7th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic 
Infections reporting that oral sex alone can be accountable for up to 
7.8% of new HIV infections, it is time to reconsider condom barriers and 
topical flavorings.

"National Condom Week is a great opportunity to look at the suffering of 
the HIV/AIDS crisis head-on and put into practice a known solution to 
the epidemic through latex and polyurethane condoms", says Kordt.

The condom promotion ads will also appear in print versions in the next 
few weeks in both California and New York press.

Aggressive AIDS Prevention is a nonprofit corporation dedicated to 
raising awareness of HIV/AIDS, encouraging HIV antibody testing, and 
promoting HIV Negative maintenance through Media. 

Contact:  Devin Kordt (415) 255-6022 Ext. 1 PST
Email:  [email-masked]

###