From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 94 02:23:00 EDT

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

         METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY CHURCH OF LOS ANGELES ANNOUNCES 
                     VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL PROGRAM 
Program for Children Ages 6 -14 to be held at West Hollywood Presbyterian
Church

Thursday, June 23, 1994 - Culver City, CA - Metropolitan Community Church of
Los
Angeles (MCCLA) announced today that it will offer a Vacation Bible School
program
at West Hollywood Presbyterian Church beginning Monday July 11- 22 from
8:00am -
12:00pm. at West Hollywood Prebyterian Church, 7350 West Sunset Blvd. in West
Hollywood.  The program is open to children between the ages of 6-14 from all
over the
Los Angeles area.  Registration is  $75.00 and is limited.  Sponsorships are
available. 

"We are excited by the opportunity to offer this service to our commonty"
says MCCLA
Christian Education Director Cathy Spiess.  "Our education department has
created a
non-racist, non-sexist, non-homophobic curriculum."  "The children will
participate in a
variety of activities which foster personal growth and self-esteem" says
Spiess.  "Daily
Bible study will include examination of positive role models in Scripture,
arts and crafts
activities and a time of supervised recreation at nearby Plummer Park."  "We
will offer
music participation and all children will have an opportunity to learn to
play the
recorder" say Spiess. 

Registration information can be obtained from the MCCLA church office.

Metropolitan Community Church of Los Angeles is the founding congregation of
the
Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches (UFMCC).  Established
in
1968, MCCLA maintains a Christian outreach to the gay and lesbian community
with
an emphasis on Christian social action.

For More Information Contact: Mr. Richard Davis        310-473-4411
                         Ms. Ivy Bottini          213-655-1121
                         Church Offices           213-930-1600
                         5879 W. Washington Blvd.
                         P.O. Box 388
                         Culver City,  CA  90230

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For general unmoderated discussion, mail to "[email-masked]".
Announcements ONLY should be mailed to "[email-masked]."

To be added or removed, mail to [email-masked].  If adding,
indicate whether you wish to receive all discussions or announcements only.