From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 94 03:02:03 EDT

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY CHURCH OF LOS ANGELES ANNOUNCES SERVICE TO HONOR
LESBIAN AND GAY EDUCATORS  
Los Angeles Unified School District Teachers to be Honored September 18, 1994

Wednesday, August 3, 1994 - Culver City, CA - Metropolitan Community Church
of Los Angeles (MCCLA) announced today that it will hold a special service to
honor Gay and Lesbian school teachers from the Los Angeles Unified School
District (LAUSD) on Sunday September 18, 1994 during its 11:15 am worship
service.
 
"Our school teachers perform an incredible job" says Nancy Wilson, Sr. Pastor
of the 350 member congregation.  "Often without support of school
administrators, parents and the religious community, gay and lesbian
educators excel in their classrooms."  "We want to let them know that our
resources and those of the entire gay and lesbian community are here for
them."  "We appreciate the work they do and that we will continue to fight
for them and their students against bigotry and budget cuts!" say Wilson.

Invited participants include representatives from the LAUSD Board of
Education, the Los Angeles City Council, United Teacher of Los Angeles, the
Gay and Lesbian Community Services Center, the Gay and Lesbian Education
Commission, Project 10 and Eagle Center.  Educators from throughout the LAUSD
as well other school districts are welcomed and will be recognized.  

"This service will focus on the teachers" says Wilson.  "They are on the
front lines and need to know that we are all here for them."

Metropolitan Community Church of Los Angeles is the founding congregation of
the Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches (UFMCC).
 Established in 1968, MCCLA is one of over 350 UFMCC congregations world wide
which maintain and support a Christian outreach to the gay, lesbian and
bisexual community with an emphasis on Christian social action.

Church Worship Services are held at:
Pio Pico Elementary School Auditorium
1512 So. Arlington Avenue at Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles,  CA  
Sunday Worship Services: 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:15am, 6:00pm

For More Information Contact:	Mr. Richard Davis - MCCLA	310-473-4411
				Ms. Ivy Bottini - MCCLA 	213-655-1121

				MCCLA Church Office 	213-930-1600
							213-930-1601 Fax
					5879 W. Washington Blvd.
					P.O. Box 388
					Culver City,  CA  90230			

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For general unmoderated discussion, mail to "[email-masked]".
Announcements ONLY should be mailed to "[email-masked]."

To be added or removed, mail to [email-masked].  If adding,
indicate whether you wish to receive all discussions or announcements only.