From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 94 01:59:13 EDT

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

   METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY CHURCH OF LOS ANGELES ANNOUNCES NEW INTERIM
                            WORSHIP LOCATION
Church Will Lease L.A. Unified School District Auditorium Until Further
Notice

Monday, June 27, 1994 - Culver City, CA - Metropolitan Community Church of
Los Angeles (MCCLA) announced today that its Sunday worship services have
been relocated to Pio Pico Elementary School Auditorium located at 1512
South Arlington at Pico Blvd. in Los Angeles until further notice. 

"Pio Pico Elementary School is one of the city's newest facilities" says
Associate Pastor Reverend Kenneth Kerr.  "The 750 seat main auditorium is
beautiful" says Kerr.  "There is plenty space and secure parking for all
of our members and guests". 

"Our building team worked intensely with the school district under a
program that allows quake displaced community service organizations to
lease district facilities" says Kerr.  "This looks like it will be our
worship site for some time to come." 

MCCLA's California mission style church, located near recently repaired
sections of the Santa Monica Freeway, sustained major damage in the
January 17, 1995 Northridge earthquake. Recovery efforts are continuing. 

Church administrative offices have been relocated to temporary facilities
adjacent to the damaged structure. 

Church Worship Services have been relocated to:
Pio Pico Elementary School Auditorium
1512 So. Arlington Avenue at Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles,  CA
Worship Times Remain: 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:15am, 6:00pm

Metropolitan Community Church of Los Angeles is the founding congregation
of the Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches (UFMCC). 
Established in 1968, MCCLA maintains a Christian outreach to the gay,
lesbian and bisexual community with an emphasis on Christian social
action. 

For More Information Contact: Mr. Richard Davis        310-473-4411
                              Ms. Ivy Bottini          213-655-1121
                              Church Office            213-930-1600
                                                       213-930-1601 Fax
               		          5879 W. Washington Blvd.
                        	  P.O. Box 388
                                  Culver City,  CA  90230

Disclaimer:  These school premises have been licensed pursuant to the
provisions of Section 39379 of the Education Code of the State of
California by MCCLA from the Board of Education and the City of Los
Angeles.  The Board of Education does not sponsor or take responsibility,
nor does it necessarily endorse any of the activities, statements or
opinions which may be expressed at this meeting or activity.