From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 94 03:51:13 EDT

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

       METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY CHURCH OF LOS ANGELES MOVES SERVICES
      Worship Services To Be Held  At Temple Beth Chayim Chadashim 

Thursday, June 2, 1994 - Culver City, CA - Metropolitan Community Church of
Los
Angeles (MCCLA) announced today that its Sunday worship services have been
temporarily relocated to Temple Beth Chayim Chadashim (BCC) at 6000 West Pico
Blvd., Los Angeles,  CA.

"We are grateful to the congregation of BCC." says Reverend Nancy L. Wilson,
 Senior
Pastor of the 25 year old congregation.  "They have opened there doors to
us." says
Wilson.

MCCLA's California mission style church, located near the recently repaired
sections
of the Santa Monica Freeway, sustained major damage in the January 17, 1995
Northridge earthquake.  

Church offices have been relocated to portable facilities adjacent to the
damaged
structure.  "Our programming continues uninterrupted, a real testimony to the
hard
work of our staff and volunteers."  says Wilson.  "We are excited about the
possibilities
of rebuilding our facilities and invite the community to "stay tuned".

Church Worship Services have been relocated to:
Temple Beth Chayim Chadashim
6000 West Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles,  CA  90035
Worship Times Remain: 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:15am, 6:00pm

Metropolitan Community Church of Los Angeles is the founding congregation of
the
Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches (UFMCC).  Established
in
1968, MCCLA maintains a Christian outreach to the gay and lesbian community
with
an emphasis on Christian social action.

Temple Beth Chayim Chadashim, a member of the Union of American Hebrew
Congregations, has served the needs of Southern Californian gay and lesbian
Jews
since 1972.

For More Information Contact: Mr. Richard Davis        310-473-4411
                         Ms. Ivy Bottini          213-655-1121
                         Church Offices           213-930-1600
                         5879 W. Washington Blvd.
                         P.O. Box 388
                         Culver City,  CA  90230

Metropolitan Community Church of Los Angeles
Reclaiming Gay and Lesbian Christian Spirituality