Subject: CA: Youth Lobby Day Update
From: Ellen McCormick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 18:48:48

YOUTH LOBBY DAY UPDATE
Contacts:	Ellen McCormick		(916) 444-0424
		Nicole Prophet
		Stephanie Collins
		Jason Riggs		(415) 267-1813

UPCOMING YOUTH LOBBY DAY FUNDRAISER
If you are in the Sacramento area, please attend the Youth Lobby Day 
fundraiser at the Sacramento Lambda Center.  This event is co-hosted 
by Outword Newsmagazine, Open Book and LIFE.  The event is free (of 
course donations are always graciously accepted) and is open to the 
public.  Patricia Nell Warren, the globally renowned author of The 
Front Runner, Harlan's Race and Billy's Boy, will make the key note 
presentation at this important event.  Bay area author, Mary Gray, 
will read from her new book, In Your Face: Queer Youth Telling It 
Straight (due out this winter).  Hors d'ouevres will be provided by 
Paesano's and Virga's.  Please join us!
Sacramento Lambda Center
919 20 th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Saturday, December 20, 1997
5:00 - 7:30 pm 

The 1998 Youth Lobby is fast approaching!  We are looking for queer 
youth from around the state who would like to participate as YOUTH 
LOBBY DAY "LEADERS" (facilitators) and as rally speakers.  Leaders 
will attend a training in Sacramento the day before (Jan. 20) the 
Youth Lobby Day.  The training is free, all you need to do is provide 
your own transportation - even food is taken care of!  If you would 
like to be a Youth Lobby Day Leader, please fill out the application 
at www.incite.org - you can also register for Youth Lobby Day at this 
site.

The YOUTH LOBBY DAY SPEAKER application will soon be on-line as well.  
We are looking for a bunch of queer youth from diverse backgrounds TO 
BRING THE HOUSE DOWN!  If you've got a burning message that you want 
to share with 500 other youth - apply to be a speaker at the rally.  
Please do not be shy if you haven't had any public speaking experience 
- we're looking for impassioned, positive messages about your vision 
for change.  Your speech could range from a traditional monologue to a 
spoken word performance art piece.  Give it a shot!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message has been brought to you by LIFE: California's Lesbian, Gay, 
Bisexual, Transgender and HIV/AIDS Lobby.  LIFE has been lobbying on 
behalf of California's lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and 
HIV-affected communities since 1986.  LIFE is the oldest and largest 
institution representing these communities in California's State 
Capitol and is proud to celebrate over a decade of service.  If you 
would like further information about current LGBT legislation, LIFE 
activities, events or membership please contact our office or go to 
our web site at:

LIFE: California's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and HIV/AIDS 
Lobby 
1301 H Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 444-0424
fax (916) 444-3059
<http://www.lifelobby.org>