Subject: SHAMELESS PITCH FOR MONEY
From: Ellen McCormick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:21:21

June 10, 1997
Contacts:	
Ellen McCormick, Legislative Advocate	(916) 444-0424
Rodney Scott, Development Director	(213) 848-2220
LIFE: California's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and HIV/AIDS 
Lobby

SHAMELESS PITCH FOR MONEY - WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!!!

So you're astounded at the fact that PILLAR CIVIL RIGHTS LEGISLATION (AB 
257, by Assembly Member Antonio Villaraigosa) was passed last week by 
the California State Assembly.  You're overjoyed by the passage of AB 
1059 (by Assembly Member Carole Migden), the first domestic partner 
health care coverage legislation to pass the California State 
Assembly.  You're shocked at the hysteria, machinations, and 
homophobia faced by LIFE Lobby's Advocates in Sacramento and wonder 
how we take it from day to day!?!  You're amazed that LIFE continually 
comes through unscathed, and unwaveringly sponsors and supports the 
most avant-garde, community-based legislation ever...

..well... WE CAN'T DO IT WITH OUT YOU!  If you're floored by the work 
that was done in the first part of the 1997/1998 Legislative Session, 
just wait until you see what's coming - the session isn't over!

Issues left to be dealt with in this Legislative Session are more 
proactive legislation, more anti-same gender marriage legislation, 
passage of our current bills, and more attempts to shut down programs 
that SAVE THE LIVES OF LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, TRANSGENDER, AND 
QUESTIONING YOUTH (not to mention the 1998 Youth Lobby Day).

Please take a moment, please take out your checkbook (or credit card) 
and commit to support the great work that LIFE Lobby does, because WE 
CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU!

Please send checks payable to:	LIFE Lobby
				Shameless Pitch (so we can track the effort)
				926 J Street, Suite 522
				Sacramento, CA 95814

This contribution is not tax deductible (sorry, we're a 501(c)4 - if we 
were a 501(c)3 we wouldn't be able to do this work!).

LIFE Lobby is committed to carrying out the statewide lesbian, gay, 
bisexual, transgender and HIV/AIDS community agenda - WE REPRESENT 
YOU!!!  If you would like further information about becoming a member 
of LIFE Lobby or more about the work we do - please contact us at the 
numbers at the top of this message (or write back) and we'll be happy 
to send more information.  But please, we need your help NOW - write 
those checks!

This message was brought to you by LIFE: California's Lesbian, Gay, 
Bisexual, Transgender, and HIV/AIDS Lobby, representing over 70 
community organizations statewide.
926 J Street, Suite 522
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 444-0424
fax (916) 444-3059
<[email-masked]>