Subject: Join First-Ever "Until It's Over e-March" on Washington
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 14:11:39 -0500 (EST)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 20, 1997
Contact:  Eric Astacaan, 916-444-0424

PLEASE POST EVERYWHERE!!!

JOIN LIFE LOBBY IN THE FIRST-EVER
"UNTIL IT'S OVER e-MARCH" ON WASHINGTON

WORLD AIDS DAY, MONDAY, DECEMBER 1ST, 1997

On Monday, December 1st, LIFE Lobby will join people from all over the
country and the world
in the first-ever electronic march on Washington that will send the message
that America cares
about AIDS "until it's over."

The "Until It's Over e-March" is sponsored by AIDS Action, a national
HIV/AIDS policy organization
based in Washington, DC, and will be hosted on the organization's website at w
ww.aidsaction.org.  Web users visiting the site will be presented with a
virtual version of the Washington Mall and can participate by signing an
e-mail  message to be delivered to America's leaders.  A digital counter on
the site displays the number of e-marchers.

The goal of this effort is to enlist as many e-Marchers as possible to speak
out in support of a continued and vigorous national commitment to fight AIDS.
 The war against AIDS must be fought in both the state and national level.
 Each person who participates in this e-March helps ensures that our national
leaders will know that this nation is facing "a growing pandemic and
increasingly limited resources" and that "AIDS is not over."

The "Until It's Over e-March" kicks off on Monday, December 1st, to
commemorate World AIDS Day and will continue for a full year, until December
1, 1988.

# # # # # #

This message has been brought to you by LIFE:  California's Lesbian, Gay,
Bisexual, Transgender and HIV/AIDS Lobby.  LIFE has been lobbying on behalf
of California's lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and HIV-affected
communities since 1986.  Our organization is the oldest and largest
institution representing these communities in California's State Capitol and
is proud to celebrate over a decade of service.  If you would like further
information about LIFE's activities, events or membership, please contact our
office at:

LIFE:  California's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & HIV/AIDS Lobby

1301 H Street

Sacramento, California  95814-1906

Phone:  916-444-0424	Fax:  916-444-3059

E-Mail:  [email-masked]	Website:  http://www.lifelobby.org

AIDS Action is the nation's leading AIDS advocacy organization, representing
all Americans affected by HIV/AIDS and over 2,000 community-based
organizations that serve them.