Subject: CA: Anti-Hate Crimes Legislation Workshop
From: Ellen McCormick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:42:42

Have you been the target of a hate crime because of how you express your
gender?

Are you afraid of being bashed for how you express your gender?

Do you care about hate crimes against gender-variant people?

Do transgender lives matter to you?

LIFE Lobby and the Los Angeles County Transgender Task Force invite you 
to a meeting to discuss how we can start working toward getting 
California State legal protection against hate crimes that target 
transgender and gender-variant people. We need your input and your 
dedication to make a difference in transgendered people's lives. 
Unless we have strong community support, we cannot make this happen.

When: Saturday, October 11, 1997, 1-4 p.m.

Where: AIDS Project Los Angeles, Studio 1B

Why: Because we won't stand for being bashed any longer!!!!!!! Because 
our lives and bodies and minds and spirits matter!!!!!!!

APLA is located at 1313 N. Vine St., at the corner of Vine & Fountain in 
Hollywood. There is free parking in the back of the APLA building; 
enter the parking lot from Fountain Ave.

Please pass the word along.

For more information, please contact Jacob Hale at 213-665-1130 or
<[email-masked]>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message has been brought to you by LIFE: California's Lesbian, Gay, 
Bisexual, Transgender and HIV/AIDS Lobby.  LIFE has been lobbying on 
behalf of California's lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and 
HIV-affected communities since 1986.  LIFE is the oldest and largest 
institution representing these communities in California's State 
Capitol and is proud to celebrate over a decade of service.  If you 
would like further information about current LGBT legislation, LIFE 
activities, events or membership please contact our office or go to 
our web site at:

LIFE: California's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and HIV/AIDS 
Lobby 
926 J Street, Suite 522
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 444-0424
fax (916) 444-3059
<http://www.lifelobby.org>