Subject: CA: Family Day '97
From: Ellen McCormick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 10:05:05

PRESS RELEASE
ALL OUR FAMILIES COALITION PRESENTS:  FAMILY DAY '97
 
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 16510
San Francisco, CA  94116
www.allourfamilies.org
 
Contact:  Cheryl Deaner
Phone:    (415) 681-1960
 
     SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA (September 2, 1997)  The third annual FAMILY
DAY for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender families and friends will 
be held at the Unitarian Center at Franklin and Geary Streets in San 
Francisco on Saturday, October 4th from 11am to 4pm.

      FAMILY DAY brings together 500 to 700 children, parents, couples 
and friends for a day of entertainment, activities for all ages, fun 
and food. This year's theme will be the preservation and protection of 
our children: among this year's guests will be Mayor Willie Brown, 
Assemblywoman Carole Migden, Kate Kendell, Executive Director of the 
National Center for Lesbian Rights and Eric Astacaan of LIFE Lobby.
 
      "As families, our coming together is crucial this year", says 
Cheryl Deaner, Executive Director of All Our Families Coalition, the 
non-profit group that is sponsoring FAMILY DAY. "It's clear the 
radical right is targeting our families with anti-gay legislation and 
ballot initiatives.  We need to know how to protect ourselves."

     Entertainment for FAMILY DAY includes San Francisco Supervisor Tom 
Ammiano, DJ Renel from 98.1 KISS, stand up comic Maureen Brownsey and 
a special surprise guest, as well as premieres of this year's latest 
films about lesbian and gay families.

     Ongoing activities include age-appropriate kid's venues, a jumping 
tent and ball pit, arts and crafts, coloring contests, balloon 
animals, computer games, family photos, community information tables, 
a raffle with great prizes and more.
 
      FAMILY DAY benefits All Our Families Coalition, a non-profit 
organization dedicated to the civil and social rights of families with 
lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered members.  Other sponsors of 
this event include the Lavender pages, National Center for Lesbian 
Rights, Astarte, Mamma Bears, Our Families Magazine, Kaiser 
Permanente, Women's Educational Media, Children of Lesbians and Gays 
Everywhere, the Sperm Bank of California and others.
 
      All Our Families Coalition nurtures families and promotes the 
groups and organizations that help families.  FAMILY DAY is destined 
to foster a strong sense of pride and unity among the families we have 
created.
 
      For more information, Contact Cheryl Deaner, Executive Director, 
All Our Families Coalition (415) 681-1960.
 
                              END

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message has been brought to you by LIFE: California's Lesbian, Gay, 
Bisexual, Transgender and HIV/AIDS Lobby.  LIFE has been lobbying on 
behalf of California's lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and 
HIV-affected communities since 1986.  LIFE is the oldest and largest 
institution representing these communities in California's State 
Capitol and is proud to celebrate over a decade of service.  If you 
would like further information about LIFE activities, events or 
membership please contact our office at:

LIFE: California's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and HIV/AIDS 
Lobby 
926 J Street, Suite 522
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 444-0424
fax (916) 444-3059
<http://www.lifelobby.org>