Subject: LGBTSU 30th Anniversary
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 02:26:16 EST

FOR IMMEDITATE RELEASE:

Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Student Union
http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~lgbtsu/
5500 Campanile Dr.
San Diego Ca 92182

For Questions call Jeffrey Redondo at (619) 594-2737

THIS FRIDAY NOVEMBER 19,1999:

This Friday the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Student Union (LGBTSU) at 
San Diego State University (SDSU) will be hosting a 30th Anniversary Gala to 
celebrate their 30 years of LGBT activism on the SDSU campus.  This 
Anniversary Gala will showcase the growth and strength of LGBTSU and how 
their organization has affected the San Diego State University campus and the 
surrounding community over the last 30 years.  They will be showing how 
LGBTSU was able to get representation on student government, create a safer 
and welcoming environment for LGBT students, faculty, and staff and start a 
recruitment and retention conference for LGBT students that are curious about 
what SDSU has to offer. 

Their hope is that this Gala will serve as a catalyst event in their 
fundraising efforts for a LGBT Resource Center. In cooperation with the 
university, faculty, staff, and the San Diego State University Foundation 
they are just beginning to raise the funds needed to establish the Center. If 
accomplished this would be the first LGBT Resource Center for a California 
State University.

"This event will be a great opportunity for the LGBTSU at San Diego State to 
show the community that we are an active and strong organization," President 
Jeffrey Redondo says "It is our hope that this event will start an active 
fundraising drive for the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Resource Center." 

=====================================================================

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 01:48:10 EST
Subject: Press Release for SDSU's LGBTSU Anniversary Gala

Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Student Union
http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~lgbtsu/
5500 Campanile Dr.
San Diego Ca 92182
Telephone: (619) 594-2737

Press Release for LGBTSU 30th Anniversary Gala:

    To celebrate our 30 years of LGBT activism on the SDSU campus, this year 
the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Student Union (LGBTSU) at San Diego 
State University (SDSU) will be hosting a 30th Anniversary Gala on November 
19, 1999.  This Anniversary Gala will showcase the growth and strength of 
LGBTSU and how our organization has affected the San Diego State University 
campus and the surrounding community over the last 30 years.
  
    We will be demonstrating how the group has created a safer and welcoming 
environment for LGBT students, faculty, and staff,  started a recruitment and 
retention conference for LGBT students that are curious about what SDSU has 
to offer, and explain where we are in the advancement of the LGBT Resource 
Center.

    It is our hope that this Gala will serve as a catalyst event in our 
fundraising efforts for a LGBT Resource Center. In cooperation with the 
university, faculty, staff, and the San Diego State University Foundation we 
are just beginning to raise the funds needed to establish the Center. If 
accomplished this would be the first LGBT Resource Center for a California 
State University.

The ticket prices for the gala will be as follows:  

Pixies are our $30.00 tickets that include your choice of Lemon-Herb Chicken 
or Three Cheese Quiche and entertainment from the Gay Men's chorus of San 
Diego.

Fairies are our $50.00 tickets that include your choice of Lemon-Herb Chicken 
or Three Cheese Quiche, entertainment from the Gay Men's chorus of San Diego, 
a LGBTSU 30th Anniversary Mug and a set in our very exclusive "Fairy Circle".

Saints are our $100.00 tickets that include your choice of Lemon-Herb Chicken 
or Three Cheese Quiche, entertainment from the Gay Men's chorus of San Diego, 
a LGBTSU 30th Anniversary Mug, a seat in our very exclusive "Saint Circle", a 
Free subscription to The Sassy Aztec (the official newsletter of LGBTSU), and 
recognition in our 30th Anniversary Commemorative Program.

    Tables of eight of each ticket price are available for are also available 
at a discounted rate.  There will also be a silent auction, which will 
include such prizes as: Tickets to Disneyland, Tickets to the San Diego 
Playgoers production of "The Sound of Music" with Richard Chamberlain, Four 
tickets to any Sledgehammer Theater production for the 1999-2000, a water 
color painting and many more!   
 
    The event will take place on the SDSU campus in Montazuma hall on 
November 19 at 6:00pm.  Pixies and Fairies will be able to have a 
tax-donation of $20.00 and $70.00 respectively.  If you have any questions 
please contact Jeffrey Redondo at (619) 594-2737.