Subject: LGBTSU @ SDSU 30th Anniversary Gala
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:35:08 EDT

Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Student Union
http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~lgbtsu/
5500 Campanile Dr.
San Diego Ca 92182
Telephone: (619) 594-2737

Press Release for LGBTSU 30th Anniversary Gala:

This year the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Student Union (LGBTSU) at San 
Diego State University (SDSU) will be hosting a 30th Anniversary Gala on 
November 19, 1999 to celebrate our 30 years of LGBT activism on the SDSU 
campus.  This Anniversary Gala will showcase the growth and strength of 
LGBTSU and how our organization has affected the San Diego State University 
campus and the surrounding community over the last 30 years.  We will be 
showing how LGBTSU was able to get representation on student government, 
create a safer and welcoming environment for LGBT students, faculty, and 
staff and start a recruitment and retention conference for LGBT students that 
are curious about what SDSU has to offer. 

It is our hope that this Gala will serve as a catalyst event in our 
fundraising efforts for a LGBT Resource Center. In cooperation with the 
university, faculty, staff, and the San Diego State University Foundation we 
are just beginning to raise the funds needed to establish the Center. If 
accomplished this would be the first LGBT Resource Center for a California 
State University.

The ticket prices for the gala will be as follows:  

Pixies are our $30.00 tickets that include your choice of Lemon-Herb Chicken 
or Three Cheese Quiche and entertainment from the Gay Men's chorus of San 
Diego.

Fairies are our $50.00 tickets that include your choice of Lemon-Herb Chicken 
or Three Cheese Quiche, entertainment from the Gay Men's chorus of San Diego, 
a LGBTSU 30th Anniversary Mug and a set in our very exclusive "Fairy Circle".

Saints are our $100.00 tickets that include your choice of Lemon-Herb Chicken 
or Three Cheese Quiche, entertainment from the Gay Men's chorus of San Diego, 
a LGBTSU 30th Anniversary Mug, a seat in our very exclusive "Saint Circle", a 
Free subscription to The Sassy Aztec (the official newsletter of LGBTSU), and 
recognition in our 30th Anniversary Commemorative Program.

Tables of eight of each ticket price are available for are also available at 
a discounted rate.  There will also be a silent auction, which will include 
such prizes as: Tickets to Disneyland, Tickets to the San Diego Playgoers 
production of "The Sound of Music" with Richard Chamberlain, Four tickets to 
any Sledgehammer Theater production for the 1999-2000, and many more!   
 
The event will take place on the SDSU campus in Montazuma hall on November 19 
at 6:00pm.  Pixies and Fairies will be able to have a tax-donation of $20.00 
and $70.00 respectively.  If you have any questions or would like to take an 
ad out in our 30th Anniversary Program please contact Jeffrey Redondo at 
(619) 594-2737.