Subject: Press Release: "Potty Training" at Folsom Street Fair
From: "Media Relations Officer, Aggressive AIDS Prevention, Inc." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 01:36:17 -0700

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
16 September 1999
Contact:  Devin Kordt
415.255.6022 Ext. 1 PST

"POTTY TRAINING" AT FOLSOM STREET FAIR
CAPTIVE AUDIENCE TO RECEIVE HIV/AIDS REMINDER AS AGGRESSIVE AIDS 
PREVENTION, INC. TARGETS URINAL CROWD

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - September 16th, 1999 - Folsom Street Fair revelers 
are in for a fly-dropping surprise this year as they are met with a 
targeted message from Aggressive AIDS Prevention, Inc. etched on urinal 
screens. 

The 30 day deodorizers feature a tagline of "This Folsom Remember AIDS" 
and will turn up in over 50 locations including bars, gyms, and sex 
clubs around the South of Market, Polk, and Castro neighborhoods. The 
message continues with Aggressive AIDS Prevention, Inc.'s logo 
illustrating a male figure confidently navigating the epidemic with the 
tools of consistent condom use and clean needles. With many foreign 
tourists attending the event, the image itself provides prevention 
education on sight.

The public service ad communicates a prevention message in an 
entertainment environment and inspires people to maintain healthy and 
responsible behavioral choices. Further, it offers a "reality check" 
crucial in an environment where festivalgoers' judgement may be impaired 
due to alcohol and other recreational drug consumption.

"We frequently witness community fundraising events benefiting HIV/AIDS 
programs and yet seldom see any form of prevention messaging onsite" 
says Devin Kordt, Founding Director and President of Aggressive AIDS 
Prevention, Inc. "This is an opportunity for the Fair sponsors and the 
nightclub community to demonstrate their intent of prevention or 
profit." he adds. 

With San Francisco projected to incur 500 new HIV/AIDS infections this 
year Aggressive AIDS Prevention, Inc.'s goal is to bring a heightened 
degree of awareness and shared responsibility concerning HIV/AIDS 
transmission to the Fair.

"It is through repeated and repackaged prevention messages that we can 
make a dent in the current climate of HIV/AIDS apathy" says Kordt. "If 
just one person is prevented from HIV transmission during this highly 
charged sexual event, our work has been done."

Held the last week of September and billed as the third largest Fair in 
California, the 300,000 attendee block party produced by South of Market 
Merchants' and Individual's Lifestyles Events (SMMILE) celebrates the 
S-M community and welcomes spectators.

A photo of the urinal screen ad can be found online at: 
www.aggressive.org . 

Aggressive AIDS Prevention is a nonprofit corporation dedicated to 
raising awareness of HIV/AIDS, encouraging HIV antibody testing, and 
promoting HIV Negative maintenance through Media.

###

******
"Aggressive AIDS Prevention, Inc.,  is a nonprofit corporation dedicated 
to raising awareness of HIV/AIDS, encouraging HIV antibody testing, and 
promoting HIV Negative maintenance through Media."
 ******
 Mailing Address:  PO Box 26227, San Francisco, CA 94126
 Telephone:  415.255.6022
******
Visit our website at:    http://www.aggressive.org
******
Subscribe to our FREE Action Alert and receive timely news via email 
from the HIV/AIDS prevention front, the latest on our programs and 
campaigns, updates about issues and trends impacting HIV/AIDS, and 
immediate notification of new features on our website.  Visit this link 
to subscribe:  http://www.aggressive.org/action_alert_sign_up.htm