Subject: Boycott intensifies
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 06:04:54 EDT

9/17/98 

PRESS RELEASE 

NATIONAL BOYCOTT  INTENSIFIES 

Paging Network, Inc., headquartered in Texas, is a provider of paging and
wireless messaging services. The Company has approximately 10.3 million pagers
in service. 

Paging Network, Inc. denied promotion of a gay man, Mr. Smith, because he was
"too gay", and later upon his revelation to his supervisor that he had AIDS he
was terminated. Mr. Smith had been a star performer in his California division
for the five years prior to his termination.  Last month, Citizens Against
Discrimination, (CAD) a national civil rights organization called for a
boycott on Paging Network, Inc.   

News about (CAD) boycott and the Smith firing brought forth responses from
other gay people who had been fired by Paging Network Inc's. subsidiaries in
Texas, San Francisco, and San Diego.  According to Christian Scali, attorney
for Smith, "People have come out of the woodwork". 

CAD headed up by Charles Merrill, said, "Let this boycott be a victory and the
final straw that broke the corporate camel's back.  We at CAD are livid with
rage at Paging Network, Inc.  We simply want protection of  jobs just like
everyone else." 

Citizens Against Discrimination (CAD) is a frontline "Internet" gay activist
organization with headquarters on the World Wide Web, incorporated in
Delaware. CAD has an active membership of over 300 gay and lesbian activists
in the U.S.A. sharing the goal to fight discrimination based on sexual
orientation and physical disability. Membership is free. There are
approximately 3000 viewers to CAD's website per month, audited by AOL
Primehost.  Further information and attorney contacts at http://www.gay-
discrimination.com.

Contact 

Citizens Against Discrimination 

Kevin Boyle, press officer 

[email-masked] 

Charles Merrill, President, CEO 

828 704 685 9673 

[email-masked]