Subject: Fwd: W. Hollywood, CA's Little Frida's Coffee House Needs Your Support
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 13:24:40 -0500

---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:	[email-masked]
To:	[email-masked]
Date: 97-01-07 00:56:40 EST

Hi Eric

Had some difficulties mailing this to the addresses you gave me yesterday.
Could you be a doll and forward the attached letter to as many people as
possible in cyberspace?!  Thanks Mate.

Love and kisses... Kelsey.

Dear Supporters of Little Frida's Coffee House,

Little Frida's Coffee House  (LFCH) will be forced to close in the very near
future unless we are able to gain financial support from the Community.   

We know that this may come as a shock to many of you who have participated
and enjoyed the ambiance and entertainment offered by the only Lesbian owned
and operated Coffeehouse/Performance space catering to the Gay and Lesbian
Community in Los Angeles.  LFCH offers rotating art shows, music, comedy,
dance, and spoken word, along with the best coffee in Los Angeles.  We have
attracted some of the biggest name acts in the music circuit, among them,
Melissa Ferrick, The Flirtations, Phranc, Cat B'lues, The Murmurs.  We've
created a gallery space for the exhibition of art work and photography.  We
house an impressive comedy showcase entitled "Women with Balls" which has
proven to be one of the most sought after comedy venues for women in Southern
California.  The show has attracted the attention of Warner Brothers on-line
who feature LFCH comics weekly in a forum entitled "Insomniac."

However, this could all be history.  To remain open LFCH's needs to introduce
a more extensive food and beverage menu, as simply selling coffee and
pastries cannot sustain the business.   Hence, our vision was to take the
1500 sq ft warehouse attached to the coffee house and transform it into a
bar/cabaret/lounge catering to an open-minded and diverse Community.
 Unfortunately, even though there is great support and enthusiasm for this
plan,  our efforts to date to raise capital for LFCH's expansion have been
unsuccessful.  We are facing a crisis because the future success of the
Coffeehouse is directly linked to our ability to expand into this adjacent
space.  

Our belief in the continuation of LFCH as an important asset to the Community
is paramount.  We have developed a few options for LFCH's future including
selling outright, bringing in a third partner, or investor:  obviously a
change could be structured in many ways.  However we need to act swiftly or
LFCH doors will close.

Please help us keep Little Frida's doors open.  If you feel you can help
financially or know of someone who may be interested in being a part of this
L.A. landmark, please contact Maureen or Kathleen at (310) 854-5421.  

Warm regards,

Maureen & Kathleen