Subject: Rapid Response Network for California Residents
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 19:46:59 -0400 (EDT)

MEMORANDUM

TO:  Community Members
FM:  L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center Policy & Public Affairs Department
RE:  EQUALITY NOW! - Rapid Response Network for Equal Rights of Gay, Lesbian,
Bisexual & Transgender People
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

As part of the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center's effort to advance the cause of
equal rights for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people, we are now in
the process of expanding our rapid response network.

This network consists of individuals who will respond on short notice via
mail, e-mail, fax,  or phone calls to government officials on key issues such
as same-gender marriage, employment nondiscrimination, adoption, equal
protection in the public schools, domestic partnership benefits, HIV/AIDS
matters, etc.  The network is also activated to champion equal rights and
counter homophobia in the media as well as the private sector, e.g.,
supporting the producers and sponsors of "Ellen" in the airing of the
coming-out episodes.

We invite all interested community members to take part in this important
project.  This operation is a targeted approach to identify individuals who
will actively participate in the mobilization efforts.  All rapid response
team members receive regular updates on priority actions.

If you are interested, please fill out the form below and return it to us
ASAP.  It is important to include your residential address in order to
identify your legislative districts.  You need not reply if you want to be
removed from this e-mail action alert. 

If you have any questions, please call us at (213) 860-7350.  Thank you.
---------------------------------------------

YES!  PLEASE SIGN ME UP TO BE A PART OF THE RAPID RESPONSE NETWORK FOR EQUAL
RIGHTS!

Name:  ______________________________________ 

Signature:  ___________________________________

Residential Address:  

_______________________________________________________________

Mailing Address (If different): 

______________________________________________________

Phone:  ____-_____-_________ (Best Number Where You May be Contacted)

Fax:  ____-_____-__________

E-Mail:  _______________________________________

Please indicate the best way to reach you with action alerts:

Regular Mail:________    E-Mail: ________    Fax: ________  Phone:  ________

Return form to:

L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center
Policy & Public Affairs Dept.
406 McDonald/Wright Bldg.
1625 N. Schrader Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90028-6213
Phone:  (213) 860-7350, Fax:  (213) 860-7369
E-Mail:  [email-masked]