Subject: Gay marriages
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 12:20:23 -0500

FYI: The city of San Francisco will be performing "gay marriages" on Monday,
March 25 in the beautiful Herbst Theater beginning at 10 a.m. The ceremonies
are a result of recent legislation enacted by Supervisor Carole Migden, which
allows for registered domestic partners to have a civil ceremony performed by
the county clerk or someone deputized by the county clerk. The first couples
will have their relationships solemnized by Mayor Willie Brown and Carole
Migden. The remainder of the ceremonies will be performed by other members of
the Board of Supervisors, including Tom Ammiano and Susan Leal, the other gay
members of the Board.

Anyone interested in participating should call the County Clerk at 554-4176
or 554-4363. Interested couples need to sign up by March 20th. If you have
access to a newsletter or lesbian/gay organization, please pass along this
information. If you have any questions, call Michael Colbruno at 554-4034.

The event will have entertainers, music, refresments and the stage will be
draped in a giant gay flag, courtesy of its creator, Gilbert Baker. We would
appreciate your support of this effort.

Office of Supervisor Carole Migden