Subject: L.A. Freedom to Marry Coalition Holds Volunteer Meeting
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 20:33:05 -0400

FM:  Eric-Joseph C. Astacaan, Public Policy Associate
        L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center

TO:  Everyone 

DATE:  May 1, 1996
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------

Please cross-post as widely as possible!

L.A. Freedom to Marry Coalition Will Hold A
Volunteer Orientation Meeting

You are cordially invited to attend a volunteer orientation meeting
being conducted by the Los Angeles Freedom to Marry Coalition
on Thursday, May 16th, 6:30 p.m., at the L.A. Gay & Lesbian
Center in Room 112 (See attached flyer).

This meeting is being held in preparation for the upcoming
Christopher Street West/Los Angeles Pride Festival and Parade
which is scheduled for June 22 - 23.  In addition, we will be talking
about what we can do to defeat the two bills (AB 1982 and AB 3227)
pending in the State Legislature which would bar the recognition of
same-gender marriage in California.

Incidentally, the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center is conducting a letter
writing campaign to defeat AB 3227 and AB 1982, in its first floor
lobby area on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights, 
from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.  If you're interested in helping out,
please call the coalition at (213) 860-7350.

We are looking forward to seeing you at the volunteer orientation
meeting.  If you can attend, please RSVP by calling (213) 860-7350.