Subject: L.A. Freedom to Marry Coalition Seeking Volunteers
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 21:08:09 -0400

FROM:  Eric Astacaan, L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center and
             the L.A. Freedom to Marry Coalition
             Los Angeles, California

PLEASE POST EVERYWHERE!!!

Dear Friends:

     The Los Angeles Freedom to Marry Coalition will be
having a booth at the upcoming Sixteenth Annual Sunset
Junction Street Fair, scheduled on August 24 and 25,
from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.  The street fair is being held
on Sunset Boulevard in the Silver Lake area of Los Angeles,
between Fountain and Edgecliff Avenues.  We expect tens of
thousands of people to attend the fair.

     This event provides a great opportunity for the coalition
to educate the public and raise everyone's awareness about
this issue and how same-gender marriage impacts gay and
lesbian Americans' continuing struggle for equality.

     We are seeking volunteers to help staff the booth for
two hour increments.  If you are interested in volunteering,
please call the coalition's number at (213) 860-7350 or e-mail us
at [email-masked].

     We look forward to hearing from you and thank you
in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Eric J.C. Astacaan
L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center
1625 N. Schrader Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90028
E-Mail:  [email-masked]