From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 95 13:34:42 PST

In addition to the info address at the end anyone on Kenslist who would like
more info may contact me at:
Don Jirak
[email-masked]
NYC Police Academy

 Subject: LAPD TO CO-SPONSOR GAY CONFERENC
 
 LOS ANGELES-  The Golden State Peace Officers Association, California's
 Lesbian & Gay Police Organization, will be the chief sponsor of this year's
 Second Annual Conference of Gay & Lesbian Criminal Justice Professionals.  
 
 The GSPOA has been working to develop partnerships with other law
enforcement
 agencies in producing the conference and several months ago sent a letter to
 Chief Willie L. Williams of the Los Angeles Police Department, asking the
 LAPD to become a co-sponsor of the conference.  On February 7, 1995, a
letter
 was received from the LAPD which stated the Department's support for the
idea
 of the conference.
 
 Furthermore, the LAPD agreed to become an official co-sponsor of the
 September 1995 meeting which is sceduled to take place in Palm Springs
Califor
 nia.  The Department's official co-sponsorship of this event is a milestone
 in policing.  It represents the first time any law enforcement agency in
 North America has taken such an active role in discussing gay/lesbian issues
 in such a public forum. Additionally, this co-sponsorship of the conferencey
 by the LAPD should prove of great assistance when POST certification of
 several classes is applied for in a few short months 
 
 The Second Annual Conference of Gay & Lesbian Criminal Justice Professionals
 will prove to be the largest conference ever held on these topics.  Law
 Enforcement professionals from around the world will be in attendance.  Do
 not miss this opportunity.  Send in your registration information now to:
  GSPOA, International Conference, P.O. Box 46505, Los Angeles, CA  90046 or
 dial (213) 739-4121 for further information.