From: [email-masked]

May 22-23  LONG BEACH
Title:     "Long Beach Lesbian and Gay Pride Festival and Parade"
Festival:  10 a.m.-10.p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Shoreline
           Aquatic park, 710 freeway ends into downtown Long Beach
Parade:    11 a.m. Sunday.  Ocean Blvd. from Cherry Ave. to Pine
           Ave.  Assemble at Bixby Park on Cherry and Ocean.
People expected:  50,000-70,000 at festiva; 50,000 to 100,000 at
           parade.
Price:     $10; free if an individual volunteers for four hours.
Info:      (310) 987-9191

May 29-30  PALM SPRINGS
Title:     "The Palm Springs Lesbian and Gay Pride Festival and
           Parade"
Festival:  10 a.m. - 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Demuth Park,
           Mesquite and Williams roads, Palm Springs.
Parade:    Noon Sunday.  Route is along mesquite from Williams to
           the parking lot and festival entrance.
People expected:  6,000-8,000.
Price:     $10.
Info:      (619) 321-6500

June 6     PHOENIX
Title:     "A Family of Pride"
Festival:  Noon-8 p.m. at the Soccer Fields at the Teempe Diablo
           Stadium Complex 48th St. just south of Broadway Rd., Tempe
People expected:  7,000-10,000
Price:     $5; separate tickets for a performance by comdedian Lea
           De Laria cost $15 in advance; $20 at the door.
           [(602) 263-0587 for De Laria tickets.]
Info:      (602) 352-7165

June 12    MARIN COUNTY
Info:      (707) 762-1496

June 12    SANTA CRUZ
Title:     "Pride 93:  A Celebration for the Lesbian / Gay /
           Bisexual / Transgender Communities of Santa Cruz
           County"
Festival:  12:30 - 5 p.m. at San Lorenzo Park, Ocean and Water
           streets.
Parade:    Begins at noon Cathcart and Pacific avenues and
           proceeds down the main street to pacific Garden Mall.
People expected:  3,000
Price:     Free.
Info:      (408) 457-2521

June 13    SANTA BARBARA
Title:     "Lesbian / Gay / Bisexual Pride Celebration "
Festival:  11 a.m. - 7 p.m. at Oak park corner of Alameda and
           Junipsero St.
People expected:  1,000-2,000
Price:     Free.
Info:      (805) 986-3636

June 13    FRESNO
Title:     "Fresno Lesbian and Gay Pride:  Out, Loud, and Proud"
Festival:  11 a.m. - 6 p.m. at Fulton at Alhambra in the Tower
           District.
Parade:    Begins at 11 a.m. and proceeds on Olive from Weber to
           Fulton.
People expected:  4,000
Price:     $5.
Info:      (209) 229-8270

June 13    LAS VEGAS
Title:     "Las Vegas lesbian and Gay Pride Celebration"
Festival:  Noon - 9 p.m. at Winchester Park and Community Center,
           3130 Mc Cloud Street., north of Desert Inn Rd.
People expected: 3,000 - 4,000
Price:     $10, includes five drinks.
Info:      (702) 593-1523

June 12-13 SAN JOSE
Title:     "South Bay Gay and lesbian Pride Celebration"
Festival:  Noon to 7 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. Sunday at
           the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds, Tully Road and
           Monterey Highway.
Parade:    Begins at 11 a.m. Sunday at Race Street and proceeds
           down The Alameda to Stocton Ave.  Assemble at Race
           Street; ends at Stockton Street Fair.
People expected:10,000
Price:     Free.
Info:      (408) 235-1034

June 19    SACRAMENTO
Title:     "Freedom Fair"
Festival:  9 a.m. - 6 p.m. at McKinley Park, Alhambra and E Street.
People expected:  18,000
Price:     Free.
Info:      (916) 442-0185

June 20    SONOMA VALLEY
Details of Sonoma Valley's first pride festival are not yet available.
Info:      (707) 525-0143

June 20    SANTA ROSA
Info:      (707) 762-1496

June 26-27 LOS ANGELES
Title:     "A Family of Pride"
Festival:  Noon to midnight Saturday and 11 a.m. - 11 p.m. Sunday
           at West Hollywood Park, 647 N. San Vicente, between
           Santa Monica and Melrose.
Parade:    For the first time, a "Kickoff Show" with live
           entertainment and comedic master of ceremonies will be
           held at 10 a.m.  Parade begins at 11 a.m. and proceeds
           along Santa Monica between Crescent heights and
           Robertson Boulevards.  Marchers assemble at Santa
           monica and Crescent Heights.
People expected:  300,000 at the parade;  50,000 at the festival.
Price:     $10; free to those who volunteer for four hours and
           HIV+ individuals.  CSW gets (and needs) 3,000-4,000
           volunteers for the weekend.  many are provided by
           organizations, which in turn are paid by CSW for their
           work.  Childcare is available.
Info:      (213) 656-6553

June 27    SAN FRANCISCO
Title:     "Lesbian and Gay Freedom Day parade and Celebration:
           Year of the Queer."
Festival:  Immediately after the parade at the Embarcadero
Parade:    Kicks off at 11 a.m. with women's 250 motorcycle
           contingent (formerly Dykes on Bikes).  "You can almost
           set your watch to it," says Pride board volunteer Allan
           "Mother Bob" Roberts, who at 73 is known as "the old
           man who rides the motorcycle."  The parade proceeds
           from City hall Park down Market Street to Embarcardero.
           Assembly at Civic Center in front of Van Ness and Polk
           streets.
People expected:  500,000
Price:     Free but there will be "donation buckets."
Info:      (415) 864-3733

July 10-11 SOUTH BAY / L.A.
Info:      (310) 374-2687

July 17-18 SAN DIEGO
Title:     "San Diego Lesbian and Gay Pride"  "A Family of Pride"
Festival:  2-10 p.m. Saturday, noon-10 p.m. Sunday at marston
           Point in Balboa Park, Sixth Avenue, south of Juniper
Parade:    Begins at noon Saturday and proceeds from Normal to
           Sixth Avenue along University.  Assemble at the Gay and
           Lesbian Center, 3916 Normal Street.
People expected:  About 50,000 for parade; 10,000-12,000 attend
           the festival over two days.
Price:     $7.
Info:      (619) 29-Proud or (619) 297-7683

August 14-15  ORANGE COUNTY
Title:     "Fifth Anniversary Celebration of Orange County Lesbian
           and Gay Pride"
Where:     University of California, Irvine campus
Festival:  Noon - 11 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. Sunday a
           Aldrich Park at University of California, Irvine
           campus, at Bridge and the campus.
Parade:    Begins at noon Sunday and proceeds on Pereria Dr.
           Assemble at Bridge and Berkeley on Pereria.
People expected:  10,000 - 16,000
Price:     $10; free for HIV+ individuals or for those who
           volunteer for four hours.
Info:      (714) 998-4498

September 26  CHICO
Title:     "Freedom Fest"
Festival:  11 a.m. - 6 p.m. at the Chico Area Recreation
           Department, 545 Vallombrosa Ave.
People expected:  More than 500.
Price:     Free
Info:      (916) 893-3336

October 9  POMONA
Title:     "Pomona Valley Lesbian and Gay Pride Festival"
Festival:  10 a.m. - 5 p.m. at Claremont Memorial Park Indian Hill
           and 8th Street.
People expected:  6,000
Price:     Free.
Info:      (714) 620-8987

October 31 SAN FRANCISCO Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
Info:      (415) 957-3638

Note:  There are a lot more details that were in the listings
in the Lesbian News, but I didn't want to type them all in.
There are detailed comments; info on political rallies; and
descriptions of festival related events.  For this information,
call the info numbers listed, or get a copy of the May 1993
Lesbian News.