Subject: Rights Bill Advances in California Legislature
From: [email-masked] (Bryan J. Blumberg)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1992 09:51:24 -0800

On Wednesday, June 10, 1992, California Assembly Bill #2601
was discussed and voted on by the California State Senate.

Lou Sheldon of the Traditional Values Coalition was there
and lobbied against the bill.  He said the bill was not
necessary because every economic study shows that homosexuals
are not an economically disadvantaged group.  In fact,
they're incomes are signifantly higher than both the State and
national averages.

Nevertheless, the Industrial Relations Committee of California's
upper house voted 5 - 2 in favor of passing a bill which would
merely make it illegal to discrimination on the basis of
sexual orientation in employment.  Churches and Religious
Associations, plus companies with 5 or fewer employees are
exempted in the bill.

========================================
Bryan  J. Blumberg, The MacNeal-Schwendler Corporation
815 Colorado Boulevard, Los Angeles, California  90041-1777
(213) 259-4914, [email-masked]