Subject: ACTION ALERT: Alaska
From: ACTION ALERT Moderator
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 09:06:02 -0500 (CDT)

[ submitted by Mark A. Tumeo, [email-masked] ]

*** SUMMARY, April 11, 1996  ***

The Legislature has passed HB-226, the anti domestic partnership bill and
has sent it on to the Governor.  SB-308, the anti-gay marriage bill will be
on the House floor tomorrow and is expected to pass and be sent to the
Governor as well.

If there is any hope to convince the Governor to veto these two bills, we
NEED TO FLOOD the Governor's office with messages, phone calls, Faxes and
e-mails opposing these mean-spirited and discriminatory bills.  Both have
serious constitutional questions, are unnecessary and only further the mood
of intolerance and discrimination that is so destructive and unwelcome in
Alaska and the nation.

*** ACTION ***

Please take a few minutes and help defeat these bills by calling, faxing,
writing AND e-mailing the Governor and urge him to VETO HB-226 and SB-308.

The Honorable Tony Knowles
Governor, State of Alaska
P.O. Box 1100011
Juneau,  Alaska  99811
FAX: 907-465-3532
Phone: 907-465-3500
E-Mail: [email-masked]

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                             *
_____________________________________________________________________________